Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power washer

Options
  • 27-04-2013 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭

hi looking to buy a powerwasher, bought a rok from woodies one yesterday, not a kick out of it when i got it home:mad: so will return it next week. have heard the nilsfik ones are pretty good, wont be using it too often but want to be able to rely on it to do a good job. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭cunstunt

http://ie-en.forum.ibood.com/32934-nilfisk_c1206-6_pcd_-tra_high_pressure_cleaner_with_120_bar_and_5_year_warranty/

Anyone got any thoughts on this one? Price seems good as its £120 on amazon, but I'm a power washer Virgin! ��

Cheers,
    Sw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

cunstunt wrote: »
    http://ie-en.forum.ibood.com/32934-nilfisk_c1206-6_pcd_-tra_high_pressure_cleaner_with_120_bar_and_5_year_warranty/

Anyone got any thoughts on this one? Price seems good as its £120 on amazon, but I'm a power washer Virgin! ��

Cheers,
    Sw

you won't go wrong with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

DID have a nilfisk vacum and nilfisk powerwasher for €149. Might be of interest to you if you require both !
    http://www.did.ie/nilfisk-vacuum-pressure-washer-pack-18450402-128470366-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭frash

Looking for one too & have read Nilfisk to be the best.

That iBood deal seems to be finished & I don't need a vacuum for the DID deal

Any other deals?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

frash wrote: »
    Looking for one too & have read Nilfisk to be the best.

That iBood deal seems to be finished & I don't need a vacuum for the DID deal

Any other deals?

Homebase usually flog off Nilfisk Power Washers every 4-6 weeks.

If you get lucky with a Homebase 20% off weekend,then you will get a good Nilfisk for well under 100 euro.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭frash

paddy147 wrote: »
    Homebase usually flog off Nilfisk Power Washers every 4-6 weeks.

If you get lucky with a Homebase 20% off weekend,then you will get a good Nilfisk for well under 100 euro.:)

Good to know they take the 20% off on the power washers.

Woodies always have it in the small print that they're excluded.

frash wrote: »
    Good to know they take the 20% off on the power washers.

Woodies always have it in the small print that they're excluded.

They are retailing at 130 euro at the moment in Homebase (as of today).

whenever there is a 20% weekend is the time to go and buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭The lips

I seen a Nilfisk C110 power washer in Homebase Portlaois today for 99euro.

The lips wrote: »
    I seen a Nilfisk C110 power washer in Homebase Portlaois today for 99euro.

Its a 1400watt Nilfisk C120 Pressure Washer.

They are 99 euro in Homebase,Santry too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

paddy147 wrote: »
    Its a 1400watt Nilfisk C120 Pressure Washer.

They are 99 euro in Homebase,Santry too.:)

Paddy,

Im looking for a power washer for a long driveway.Would something like that do?

• Advertisement

theduffer wrote: »
    Paddy,

Im looking for a power washer for a long driveway.Would something like that do?

Im sure it would.

All you need is a long outdoor extension lead and a long garden hose.:)

I picked up this BOBS 1500w power washer in Tesco for 15 euro,and its a great bit of kit indeed.:)

Was originally 90 euro.

Got a Karcher K3 from Tesco for 33 euro....was originally 166 euro

And have the Parkside/Lidl 2200w power washer aswell (119 euro)

Can honestly say that the little BOBS unit is a great bit of kit and very handy to work with.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PETER MERRIGAN

It isnt a great idea to use an extension cable with a pressure washer or indeed anything with an electric motor and a high wattage

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gav104

Is it not true though ,that you can use en extension lead once it is rated to handle that electricity from the machine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PETER MERRIGAN

every time another electrical connection is made there will be a voltage drop which will cause the motor to draw more amps or load. enough of that and your motor will be in trouble. this is one of the biggest causes of motor failure in pressure washers

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

every time another electrical connection is made there will be a voltage drop which will cause the motor to draw more amps or load. enough of that and your motor will be in trouble. this is one of the biggest causes of motor failure in pressure washers
    Pics or GTFO

Can I ask this.....

WTF has any of this got to do with a bargain alert request????????

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

It isnt a great idea to use an extension cable with a pressure washer or indeed anything with an electric motor and a high wattage

So where are you supposed to plug it in then....

The majority of Pressure washers only come with a maximum of 20 feet on the power cord?

I have a Powercraft one i bough tin Argos and it is brilliant... No hassles, ever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

Without a doubt the best cheap PW to get is a nilfisk, especially the c110. It gets rave reviews all the time on detailingworld. Unlike other cheap PW's, it has a metal pump too.

Also with PW's, the watts is not such a concern. Bar/Flow rate are the things to look out for, bigger the better. Even a c110 will draw from a water butt too which is great for areas with no mains water supply.

Advertisement