Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP5K

• 27-04-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,278 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Looking for a sidearm project and was thinking of the above.
    Any recommendation for a metal one?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

i think cyma do one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

Yes, I have a CYMA one, I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,278 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yes, I have a CYMA one, I love it.

Thanks for that.

Is yours stock, or did you modify it?

If it is modified, what did you do to it please?

And a noob question - is there much/any difference between an mp5 and mp5k?

mp5 is the type of gun, the mp5 k (K from the German word Kurz = "short") is a model from the mp5 family.

thermo wrote: »
    mp5 is the type of gun, the mp5 k (K from the German word Kurz = "short") is a model from the mp5 family.

Thanks a mill :)

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of getting an MP5k and there's a CYMA MP5 for sale on Boards. I am wondering physically, there is much of a difference?

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill :)

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of getting an MP5k and there's a CYMA MP5 for sale on Boards. I am wondering physically, there is much of a difference?
    they have different length front ends.
    have you considered a galaxy mp5 k? not metal but very reliable and they perform very well from the box, although like the cyma the motor is very torque'y so a faster motor would be a worthwhile addition.

thermo wrote: »
    they have different length front ends.
    have you considered a galaxy mp5 k? not metal but very reliable and they perform very well from the box, although like the cyma the motor is very torque'y so a faster motor would be a worthwhile addition.

Cheers Thermo, I wanted a metal body for realism. I'll probably kick myself after half a day's skirmish though ;)

A faster motor is a worthwhile upgrade I note.

Could I change the front end myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

This is a "standard"* MP5
    8b6cd9e95ff0543f0e13cf45fa53e2e9.jpg

And this is the MP5K (short)
    cda83cd1540dd143272bc6775aac43b6.jpg
    The stock is completely removed, and there is a totally different, shorter barrel and fore grip.

They are built off the same base but getting the parts to change can be awkward and will cost you almost as much as a new gun (based on my experience of looking for a sliding stock for my MP5).

* Term used with a pinch of salt as there are so many varients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

The MP5 uses a version 2 gearbox but the MP5k uses a version 3 gearbox and most unusually a long type motor rather then the short type normally used with version 3 gearboxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

there's always the TM MP5K High Cycle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

everlast75 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Is yours stock, or did you modify it?

If it is modified, what did you do to it please?

And a noob question - is there much/any difference between an mp5 and mp5k?

It is stock. I got a new battery but that dosent really count. I bought it thinking that i would be doing major work on it but once I used it, I felt that there was nothing that needed improving. The power is a bit low because I got the wrong spring when downgrading (240 with .25s if I remember). But the range blew me away when testing and blew the other team away when playing :D It has beat much more expensive and powerful long guns for me. Other people are more qualified to tell you about the differences the MP5 and the MP5K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

This is my MP5k, it started like as a Galaxy but I wanted something a little different so I fitted it with a M4 buffer tube which house the 11.1v Lipo battery and is fitted a G&G GR26 stock

The gearbox has been short stroked (-4 teeth) plus metal bushings and the usual shim job
    The MosFet is in the upper compartment where the battery is normally kept and is connected through the buffer tube and uses a Deans connector

It has a straight style foregrip which extends beyond the original foresight and I fitted an adapter to allow me to fit a silencer which partially covers the first 25mm or so of the silencer
    The silencer conceals the 208mm (G3 SAS length) 6.03 tight bore barrel
    Lets just say that the rate of fire is a little too fast for MP5 mid caps

mp5ks.jpg

Advertisement