Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for a mate..

• 27-04-2013 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I'm sure a lot of us have seen this video already. Not sure if links to youtube videos are allowed here. Just wondering if anyone knows anything else about this story, i've tried googling but have had no such luck.

My mate is from Queensland in Australia and he said the guy 'Clinton' 's life is ****ed; people constantly just repeat the words 'waiting for a mate' whenever he's in public.

Just wondering if anyone has heard any stories about the guy or if anyone knows his full name??

(You can tell how bored i am today if this is how i'm spending my afternoon:))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I just, really hate Aussie beef-heads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

This video is priceless though, when he says (towards the end of the video) 'Definitive? Can you define that?' i almost cried laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

people constantly just repeat the words 'waiting for a mate' whenever he's in public.

Reminded me of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

Cans of wild turkey all over the car, the bumper is hangin off and he's a seriously flat tyre. "Waiting for a mate "

Chop Chop wrote: »
    Cans of wild turkey all over the car, the bumper is hangin off and he's a seriously flat tyre. "Waiting for a mate "

I haven't driven anywhere..

• Advertisement

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    I haven't driven anywhere..

The horrifying thing is they let him go in the end because he declined to go to the station for a breathalyser.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

His own fault if his life is ****ed because of that video, couldn't care less. Seems like a complete scobe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Chop Chop wrote: »
    The horrifying thing is they let him go in the end because he declined to go to the station for a breathalyser.....

Not quite. They breathalysed him and convicted him in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Best moment in that video is "Are you a federal officer of the law?" "Nah I'm a Victoria police officer mate" "Oh, well that's not good enough! I want to talk to a FEDERAL OFFICER..."

Literally pissed myself when it got to this part first time I saw it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

This is absolute GOLD! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

It's become the standard teenage reponse to any question around here- "I'm just waiting for a mate". :D Been out a fair while though, in fairness. What were ye doing to miss it, waiting for a mate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

I'd love some Aussie BBQ right now and some hot blonde surfer babe's minge to munch on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

-"Can I see your license?"
    -"No!"

love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A lot of those Aussies are lacking in class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

A lot of those Aussies are lacking in class.

Which ones? The ones in that particular video or aussies in general?

Aussies in general, they were never tamed. Britain wrote them off. They don't have proper social structures, no class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Sorry, what does the heckler in the crowd shout at EM?

One thing about the Oz video narrative - it was quite possible for both the driver and "his mate" to be called James. Up to that point it wasn't proof the driver was not James also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭circadian

He's clearly rolling. Big saucer eyes and munching his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Aussies in general, they were never tamed. Britain wrote them off. They don't have proper social structures, no class.

As an Australian I take offence. :D Have you any idea the percentage of Australians with Irish heritage? A third. :P

• Advertisement

As an Australian I take offence. :D Have you any idea the percentage of Australians with Irish heritage? A third. :P

I don't mean to offend you I'm not writing off the entire Aussie population.

Irish heritage you say? Well that makes sense, the Irish in many ways probably shaped the classless society. Dion O'Banion had class but he was still a gangster who was taken out by Capone. When the Irish get money they confirm, I presume the Australians are the same

I don't mean to offend you I'm not writing off the entire Aussie population.

Irish heritage you say? Well that makes sense, the Irish in many ways probably shaped the classless society. Dion O'Banion had class but he was still a gangster who was taken out by Capone. When the Irish get money they confirm, I presume the Australians are the same

There is so much truth in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Would we be allowed to say that about African Americans without reprisals I wonder. Especially the tamed bit! It's cool to say it about Whitey though.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Would we be allowed to say that about African Americans without reprisals I wonder. Especially the tamed bit! It's cool to say it about Whitey though.

Oh My God - you just used the W word :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭McNulty737

I think he was referring to his mate James.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭batistuta9

smcgiff wrote: »
    Sorry, what does the heckler in the crowd shout at EM?

Do Mr. Rob

i couldn't make that out myself but it's on the youtube comments, Mr. Rob is a character from saturaday night live that he did, Murphy said he walk off stage if asked to do him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭batistuta9

nuxxx wrote: »
    His own fault if his life is ****ed because of that video, couldn't care less. Seems like a complete scobe

I wonder did he have to give permission to let that be broadcast, if he didn't it's not really his fault

his fathers obviously not a partner in KPMG

smcgiff wrote: »
    One thing about the Oz video narrative - it was quite possible for both the driver and "his mate" to be called James. Up to that point it wasn't proof the driver was not James also.

If at the end of the clip, a real person called 'James', sober as a judge, showed up, Senior Constable Ash Bowden would be left speechless.:eek:

Advertisement