Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was it this episode of Scrubs that revived the Journey Don't stop believing song?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I thought it was the finale of the sopranos that revived the song.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It was Family Guy doing it in karaoke that brought it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

It was Family Guy doing it in karaoke that brought it back.
    This. And it was two years before the Sopranos finale.

It's still a god-awful song regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thenewmanIII

Zero1986 wrote: »
    This. And it was two years before the Sopranos finale.

It's still a god-awful song regardless.

I think it has been overplayed at this stage because thne people like 'Glee' started doing covers of it when everyone got to know the song again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Clearly, it was the roller rink scene between Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci in Monster that did it.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I think it has been overplayed at this stage because thne people like 'Glee' started doing covers of it when everyone got to know the song again.

Yet another version of it in Rock of Ages too

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

Yea it was scrubs - 24.5 million viewed episode in 2003
    It subsequently went to number 1 I. The states the. It was used in sopranos glee etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

In fact, it was a passable rock ballad until it got done to death in recent years. Now it's irritating and tedious. I much prefer their second most well-known song "Who's Crying Now?" - good piano reocurring motif and nice guitar solo at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Personally I was always partial to "Wheel In The Sky" (that also featured in The Sopranos) or "Only The Young". Journey do have some really good songs, I do like "Don't Stop Believing", but it's been overdone... to death...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

also featured at the end of a simpsons episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Andy454 wrote: »
    Yea it was scrubs - 24.5 million viewed episode in 2003
    It subsequently went to number 1 I. The states the. It was used in sopranos glee etc

for me that song will always be JD's. if i recall, he wanted to book a Journey tribute band for Turk's wedding.

i always the soundtrack to scrubs was pretty good. always seemed to have appropriate scenes.

remember the episode where janitor, turk and ted did the air band for More Than A Feeling.

(its a shame they dragged the show down an alley and slowly tear it apart bit by bit until it took its last breath)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

for me that song will always be JD's. if i recall, he wanted to book a Journey tribute band for Turk's wedding.

i always the soundtrack to scrubs was pretty good. always seemed to have appropriate scenes.

remember the episode where janitor, turk and ted did the air band for More Than A Feeling.

(its a shame they dragged the show down an alley and slowly tear it apart bit by bit until it took its last breath)

The janitor's band singing Barbara Ann was brilliant as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Caveat_

From Wiki
    The song is one of the most popular rock tracks in Ireland and continues to remain in the top ten most downloaded songs

I believe it and won't stop.

:p

Advertisement