Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Agent, but who work for the tenant finding them SUITABLE properties

Options
  • 27-04-2013 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭

we all know estate/letting agents and sites which work on behalf of the landlord. What about the other way round, is there a such a thing as an agent which work for a tenant to find suitable properties for them. so that instead of me looking on daft and fishing, I get them to do the leg work and find me somewhere, by process of elimination based on my needs I would give them?

so that they are the ones surfing daft [and other sites] and filtering out what I dont want and ringing the ones which do start to fit the bill which require further looking into/at by them [ideally] or me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I am sure once you are prepared to pay any letting agent or estate agent would provide this service for you. I would dread to think what the charge could be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'm sure any letting agent would do that for you for a fee, ring one in the area you're looking for and discuss terms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Layinghen wrote: »
    I am sure once you are prepared to pay any letting agent or estate agent would provide this service for you. I would dread to think what the charge could be though.

well that would be even better, what kind of rates of pay is the average for estate agents, once we found that out then we could start to work out what this would cost

whats the salary for an average letting agent in dublin. anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

IM0 wrote: »
    well that would be even better, what kind of rates of pay is the average for estate agents, once we found that out then we could start to work out what this would cost
    A months rent? Oh, and even when they find one, how will you know that it's what you want until you see it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Letting agents would probably have a base salary plus commission. It would hugely vary depending on their qualifications and what institutions they're members of.

I'd agree on one months rent being a possible measurement of fee but is the agent going to test the quality of the bed and the pressure of the shower?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Letting agents would probably have a base salary plus commission. It would hugely vary depending on their qualifications and what institutions they're members of.

I'd agree on one months rent being a possible measurement of fee but is the agent going to test the quality of the bed and the pressure of the shower?

Id be looking for a higher quality place so that would be a given, details like that dont interest me, its all about what I want and dealing with the minor things like you mentioned though

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

IM0 wrote: »
    Id be looking for a higher quality place so that would be a given, details like that dont interest me, its all about what I want and dealing with the minor things like you mentioned though
    Thus if the landlord wasn't told that they have a broken bed, you'll only find out when you goto sleep. Likewise with the shower.

Nice €2,000 a month (€500 a week) studio in D1; http://www.daft.ie/21308744
    Cheap €480 a month (€120 a week) studio in D1; http://www.daft.ie/21329125

They're both in D1, fairly central, so you'd have to be fairly specific on where you want.

If getting an EA, make sure it's one with nice properties, as you'll be renting one of theirs; can't see them giving a client to one of their competitors! The price you pay means nothing; the EA already knows your max rent, so whatever place they'll give you will be charged at that max rent... ;)

Advertisement