Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed Account Banned By No-one For No Reason?

Options
  • 27-04-2013 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

I notice on the banlist there is an account that has been closed for half a year, with no reason for banning or banhammering admin visible.

How does that work?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Looks like an automated ban. Autoban!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Looks like an automated ban. Autoban!

That was some Kraftwerk on behalf of the Admins.

*taxi*

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's really weird. I've never seen anything like that happening before, so I've posted in the admin forum to see if anyone has any ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Zaph wrote: »
    That's really weird. I've never seen anything like that happening before, so I've posted in the admin forum to see if anyone has any ideas.
    I thought it was strange alright, it's like something from a bad Nicolas Cage movie, maybe it will pick us off one by one.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Danny Edwards

How do you find the banlist?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

How do you find the banlist?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Danny Edwards

Spear wrote: »

I found that link by typing it into search and looking thread the posts people post, buy how do you navigate to it? I can't see it on the list of forums above. Same with Spurs and Chelsea Supporters Club, I can't find those either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I found that link by typing it into search and looking thread the posts people post, buy how do you navigate to it? I can't see it on the list of forums above. Same with Spurs and Chelsea Supporters Club, I can't find those either.
    Spurs is under hosted-sports- spurs supporters.

Ok, here's my theory. It's a secret code that will lead us to the monster/treasure/whatever.

The users name is 'blank' followed by a long and a short empty space, so you have;

'blank blankety blank'

That leaves us missing a 'blankety', which should give us a further clue to the mystery. If Scooby Doo has taught me anything that clue is staring us right in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Spear wrote: »

Interesting! And who the fk is Tony?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I haven't seen the banlist in a while. 22,000 bans? Jeebus Gordon, do you ever sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

seamus wrote: »
    I haven't seen the banlist in a while. 22,000 bans? Jeebus Gordon, do you ever sleep?
    We were hit quite badly by sports streaming spammers a while back, I banned thousands of them in massive bulk batches. Thankfully the dev team have done an amazing job with the registration process, which has vastly improved our spam signups.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

seamus wrote: »

And Zaph was so so close until Gordon put the boot down!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

There is a possibility the servers have become sentient.
    Right now, it's the only working theory we have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    When i die I'm coming back as a hamster.No one ever suspects the hamster's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You christened* one of them Skynet didn't you?

*Spilled Blue Nun on

If HAL did it again and banned a registered user, would you guys still be able to unban them?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Kill it, kill it now before it's too late.

I've seen this a few times myself. It always seems to be closed accounts - they appear a while later in the ban list with no reason or admin specified.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The account itself still shows up as "Closed Account" when you go into their page. Odd glitch of the closing account mechanism perhaps?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Yeah I always assumed it was something to do with the way the system handles closed accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Karsini wrote: »
    I've seen this a few times myself. It always seems to be closed accounts - they appear a while later in the ban list with no reason or admin specified.

So can we officially label it a conspiracy? "closed accounts" getting banned...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's just the hamsters trying to get on to the league of bastards.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Gordon wrote: »
    Their fiendish, hairy little plan failed, it seems.

But who knows what diabolical scheme they'll hatch next. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Gordon wrote: »
    the ba$tards!!never liked them......

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This thread is fairly Godwin'd, nein?

Advertisement