Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech old alarm help

Options
  • 27-04-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an old (I think) Aritech alarm that has stopped working. The 12v battery has split so I'm guessing that's the problem.

The alarm panel is at U (Disarmed) and if I try to set it using 0#4 it doesn't work - All the 0# codes to test don't do anything.

If it disconnect the electricity at the mains and power back on the Alarm sets but doesn't go off if I activate any of the sensors.

Do you think replacing the battery will fix the issues or do I have a bigger problem?

This is the panel: scoptronic.jpg

Thanks, Tom

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you powered it up on the mains without the battery?
    Have you tried the factory codes 01234 & 04567?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

Yes I powered it on without the battery (But didn't really do any tests)
    The screen shows a P, B & C (I think)
    Haven't tried the factory codes - I wont have access to the system until next Tuesday!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Come back to us when you do get back to it. Also post up exactly whats displaying .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Tomtata wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an old (I think) Aritech alarm that has stopped working. The 12v battery has split so I'm guessing that's the problem.

The alarm panel is at U (Disarmed) and if I try to set it using 0#4 it doesn't work - All the 0# codes to test don't do anything.

If it disconnect the electricity at the mains and power back on the Alarm sets but doesn't go off if I activate any of the sensors.

Do you think replacing the battery will fix the issues or do I have a bigger problem?

This is the panel: scoptronic.jpg

Thanks, Tom

It is a Scoptronic system not Aritech.
    If you disconnect the battery and the system works then replacing the battery should fix the issue.

Here is the user manual off the system.

If the original user code works then the factory codes have being changed.

Thanks Altor, Do you know where I could pick up a 12v 7.2Ap battery tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor, Do you know where I could pick up a 12v 7.2Ap battery tomorrow?

You would be better off waiting till Monday and pick it up off one of the supplier here. The likes of Maplin and co sell them but the price is over 100% plus dearer.

Thanks for the help - ordered this one €24 delivered http://www.ebay.ie/itm/390201605471

Thanks for the help - ordered this one €24 delivered http://www.ebay.ie/itm/390201605471

Your welcome,
    That is the correct battery but would of being cheaper in the wholesalers.

Took your advice and bought the battery from TEG in santry €24

Installed it this evening but no joy - The system comes up with U (Disarmed) but if I try to set it 0#4 nothing....

I turned off the electricity - disconnected the battery & removed the jumper from the PCB
    Powered back on and was able to access engineering mode 01234 but don't know what to do.

Altor would you be interested in having a look at the system? I suspect I need a couple of sensors.
    Its in Dublin 10.

And is the factory user code working to full set the alarm?

• Advertisement

Yes factory code is working when I removed the jumper. If I try to set the alarm there is an error on screen Flashing T 6 u T 6 u......

T6 on them is external bell tamper.
    Is there a spare resistor taped inside the lid of the panel?

I removed the panel and didn't see any spare resistors! Would it be a handy fix?
    I don't mind paying someone to come out to fix if there is a good chance of getting it resolved.

Its the parents house so getting access to troubleshoot is difficult.

Its either getting the bell box sorted or replaced or a quick fix of removing the tamper return & closing it off with a 470ohm resistor.

Sounds good - if the tamper return is closed does that render the bell box useless or will it still ring?

Providing the bell is getting power it will still work.
    Check this by pressing 0#9

That's the thing none of the chime tests work 0#9 does nothing. I never checked if the bell box was getting power.
    Koolkid would you be interested in doing a call out to have a look?

Yeah I'll take a look at it if you want. Where are you located?

Just PM'ed you. Thanks

Advertisement