Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horses on Woodstown strand

Options
  • 27-04-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have in the past brought my horse to woodstown but always early morning
    And of course keep out of way of walkers etc

However what are the rules about riding down there ?
    Is it allowed during what hours

A few of us want to travel down but want to make sure we are allowed

Any help ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

monflat wrote: »
    Hi
    I have in the past brought my horse to woodstown but always early morning
    And of course keep out of way of walkers etc

However what are the rules about riding down there ?
    Is it allowed during what hours

A few of us want to travel down but want to make sure we are allowed

Any help ?

Thanks

There is no law as such but it is generally accepted that once there is no galloping of horses after 10 am there is no problem. Also make sure to clean up after your horse. There are rules that no dogs are allowed on the beach in summer months between the hours of 11am and 7pm. This may also apply to horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

yeah clean up after yourself this includes raking out any hoof marks left in the sand

yeah clean up after yourself this includes raking out any hoof marks left in the sand

In fairness you would need a tractor with some form of leveler to clear the hoof marks. Thats not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

There is no law as such but it is generally accepted that once there is no galloping of horses after 10 am there is no problem. Also make sure to clean up after your horse. There are rules that no dogs are allowed on the beach in summer months between the hours of 11am and 7pm. This may also apply to horses.

grand thanks for that
    there is always plenty of activity down there whenever i was there anyway

well
    we wont be going hell for leather i think we all have a bit of sense to respect others too and i think a few hoof prints will not harm anyone
    after the tide comes in ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

In fairness you would need a tractor with some form of leveler to clear the hoof marks. Thats not going to happen.
    in case ya think i'm serious i aint!! just takin the piss is all

• Advertisement

in case ya think i'm serious i aint!! just takin the piss is all

Fair enough, but you would be surprised at some peoples ideas of what should be done on the beach.

On a side note i took a walk on the beach yesterday evening and had a read of the bye laws sign which is just at the entrance of the car park. It does state there that no ponies or horses are allowed on the beach at any time. Obviously this is not policed nor will it be. But who ever came up with the bye laws must never have set foot on a beach in the country before. No ball playing is another one??? WTF like? Half the fun of going to the beach is bringing football or a Hurley and slithor to have a puck about.

Advertisement