Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had or been to a Wedding in The Morrison Hotel Dublin??

Options
  • 27-04-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Everyone,

Looking at a few hotels for my Dublin City wedding and would really love to know if anyone has had or been to a wedding in The Morrison hotel?
    My gut feeling is that the hotel seems really nice and friendly, but I heard some bad reviews from someone who was at a wedding there 3 years ago.
    I know 3 years is a long time and it has since been refurbished and taken over with new management. Still though, I would really love to hear if anyone has had any recent experiences with the venue... it would put my mind at ease!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CLL

Hi,

I am also considering this venue! Have you managed to find any reviews? If so I would love to hear about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Didn't have our wedding there but I did speak to them about arranging to go in and talk to them about it and they were really rude and patronising on the phone - kept telling me it really was rather expensive and I might not be able to afford it so I should have another look at my budget and ring them back if I was sure I could afford it!!! I hadn't mentioned my budget or asked about prices, I just asked if I could arrange a meeting with the events coordinator! That would have been 2010, hope their attitude has improved since

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cooked

Hi CLL, i actually went ahead and had my wedding there just 5 weeks ago!! Trust me - book it!! it was brilliant!
    We narrowed it down to 2 venues in the end and The Morrison won out for a couple of reasons, one was the rooms they had for the ceremony and dinner and party, they were just more intimate and much nicer! and the location of the hotel is great, so easy for people to get to.
    I am SO GLAD we went with the morrisson - They were up for negotiation about everything, so we got an excellent deal - yes its more expensive than a country hotel, but you pay for the location and the quality - which was EXCELLENT. The food was amazing.
    I could go on and on about how great they were, if you want to pm me feel free! I put a review up on Tripadvisor last week, my username is kate128, if you want to go there you'll get my full honest review.
    Anyway, the bottom line is, the hotel was AMAZING, i would recommend it to anyone, the staff were brilliant all day, i didnt worry about a thing, nothing was too much trouble. The food was absolutely gorgeous, rooms were beautiful, and all my guests were just raving about the whole thing. Honestly i cant recommend it enough, if you book it i really really dont think you would regret it. Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

We were considering a Dublin City Centre wedding and went to view the hotel a week ago. The wedding co-ordinator was lovely on the phone and in person.

He showed us the art gallery, restaurant, courtyard and function room areas which can all be used exclusively for a wedding. The website doesn't do it justice actually, there's loads of options as regards different spaces/areas for the wedding and we were really impressed although we've kind of gone off the idea of a city centre wedding. We also got to see different rooms/suites.

If you are interested I'd say make an appointment and get a feel for the place.

Advertisement