Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which wave to run with in Limerick

Options
  • 27-04-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

or any marathon for that matter.

Going for PB in limerick, trying to beat 3:18. my question is do i run with 3:15 wave or run with 3:30 wave.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Front of 3:30 wave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

no waves in limerick so im assuming you mean pace group. the 3:15 will more than likely burn you up over the first 20 leaving you unable to maintain the pace you need and the 3:30 will just betoo slow. best bet is to pace yourself. print out a pace band and keep an eye on your splits. you will probably find after a few miles you are running with people with similar targets anyway.
    pace groups are great but only if they meet with your target times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

BrokenMan wrote: »
    no waves in limerick so im assuming you mean pace group. the 3:15 will more than likely burn you up over the first 20 leaving you unable to maintain the pace you need and the 3:30 will just betoo slow. best bet is to pace yourself. print out a pace band and keep an eye on your splits. you will probably find after a few miles you are running with people with similar targets anyway.

+1 Neither pace group suits you so better off running your own race. You'll likely come across runners on the route that are going a similar pace to you that you could sit in with.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

BrokenMan wrote: »

Yes pace group. Because I intend beating 3:18 I think I am gonna go with 3:15, 3 mins should be within what I'm hoping to knock off my PB, at least going by my average times in training. Thank you for replies .... Roll on Sunday!!!!

Advertisement