Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising

Options
  • 27-04-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

I hope I have this question in the correct section, but if not please feel free to move or delete mods.

I am thinking of setting up my own very small business making home made gifts. I have been making them for a while as presents for new babys, birthdays, anniversary's etc and thought I would give it a try.

Just wondering if anyone could advise some good ways to get the word around? I was thinking of a face book page and maybe something on adverts? But if you had any other ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Again sorry if this is in the wrong place or has already been asked.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

stickybean wrote: »
    I hope I have this question in the correct section, but if not please feel free to move or delete mods.

I am thinking of setting up my own very small business making home made gifts. I have been making them for a while as presents for new babys, birthdays, anniversary's etc and thought I would give it a try.

Just wondering if anyone could advise some good ways to get the word around? I was thinking of a face book page and maybe something on adverts? But if you had any other ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Again sorry if this is in the wrong place or has already been asked.

Thanks

Hi. Do you have a website yet? Do you plan to sell from your website, market stall or sell through shops?

If you can figure out who you would like to be buying (target market) your product, then find out if this target market would go to markets, read particular papers or websites, you could advertise there.

Etsy.com is a good website for selling hand made crafts. You can sell directly to customers around the world. Adverts.ie is a good site, but I imagine you are quite limited in terms of coverage for the likes of gifts and handmade goods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thanks a million for getting back to me, really appreciate it.

I bought a domain today, so going to get started and try and set up a site, I have a facebook page and have started getting my friends to share and like ect.

Good idea about the target audience, need to sit down and think of the
    main people that would be buying, that will make it easier.

Never thought of Etsy.com and I have used it several times for purchases, thanks!!!

Advertisement