Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transporting a 50 inch TV

• 27-04-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭

Hello

Am in the process of buying a 50 inch TV.

I can't fold down the seats of my car so it would have to go in the back seat.

My car is a 4 door saloon family type car.

A friend bought a 43 inch recently and that fitted in the back seat of his car - similar to my car.

I know the best thing is to get the box dimensions and measure but its late and I'm lazy ; )

Does Anyone know offhand if possible to transport a 50 inch TV in the back of a 4 door family sized saloon ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

I bought a 47 inch early Jan and as it would not fit in my car I had to pay for delivery. If you unpack it at the store you might get away with it.Seat belts to hold it in position of course. TMULL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭flutered

for a few dollars more why not get it delievered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭obi604

flutered wrote: »
    for a few dollars more why not get it delievered.

How much are general stores - powercity etc charging for delivery these days ( roughly ) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

Why not phone them and ask? TMULL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

PowerCity charge €10 delivery nationwide if you buy online. I got a 50" TV off them before Xmas and this is what was charged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭obi604

Just an update here

I did manage to transport a 50 inch plasma tv in the box in the back seat of a standard 4 door saloon

Now in saying this it was a very tight squeeze and there was literally millimetres in it but got it in

Stood it up at an angle on the back seat.

Advertisement