Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protected Free Agent thread

Options
  • 27-04-2013 11:17pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Please post below any players who you traded for last season who were in the last year of their contract and did not appear in re-signings.

This is a flaw in the game as such no one else will be allowed bid on them in Free agency.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

1. Tony Romo QB - Detroit Lions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

What if you don't want them anymore anyway?;-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Then dont claim protection for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I haven't got the ability to PM everyone, but if anyone offers Romo a contract and it is subsequently accepted, you will have to release him and take the cap hit that it causes.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

****e I couldnt check my team until today and Donald Butler is a FA, there is no way i can call on him being protected now no?

• Advertisement

Who is he? Did you trade for him last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

He is a MLB Donald Butler, no, he's always been on San Diego's roster, his contract ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Shane.C wrote: »
    He is a MLB Donald Butler, no, he's always been on San Diego's roster, his contract ran out.

He's not protected then

Oh right, then no you cant claim protection as you would have had a chance to re-sign him.

This is for players who you trade for in the last year of their contract, sometimes you do not get an opportunity to offer them a contract at re-signings stage which is a known bug in the game.

Romo signed last night.

removing this thread from sticky as no one else has claimed protection

• Advertisement
Advertisement