Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no i.d at 30 :) well now

Options
  • 28-04-2013 12:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

I was refused beer today in aldi as I had no ID, being 30 and a irish citizen I dont carry one.

I told the polish retail clerk , he could call the cops then if he didnt want my money and picked up the tray of beer and walked out. he set off all the alarms.

I also said if he came near me I would knock him out in defense.

I am 30 and feel I dont look 17 ( under 18) I would love a cop to come and prepare a case for the dpp.

I feel aldi broke retail laws, violated my constitutional right and discriminated.

I own two homes, employee 19 people and some smuck on minimum wage can tell me at 30 I cant have a beer, what a joke this country is.

Well I enjoyed my 12 free cans tonight.

I am sure a lot of do gooders on here wont like my story but it might entertain a few! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭lau1247

I was refused beer today in aldi as I had no ID, being 30 and a irish citizen I dont carry one.

I told the polish retail clerk , he could call the cops then if he didnt want my money and picked up the tray of beer and walked out. he set off all the alarms.

I am 30 and feel I dont look 17 ( under 18) I would love a cop to come and prepare a case for the dpp.

I feel aldi broke retail laws, violated my constitutional right and discriminated.

I own two homes, employee 19 people and some smuck on minimum wage can tell me at 30 I cant have a beer, what a joke this country is.

I am sure a lot of do gooders on here wont like my story but it might entertain a few! :D

i assume you look younger (a compliment, take it as it is), have a feel for the guy/gal working for Aldi, they are just doing their job as part of the company policy. You're just being unreasonable. Kinda remind me of the after hour thread about dealing with idiots (Though not as bad in this case).

In any case, don't you have driving licence with you to prove your age? Almost everyone carry one bar the minority

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

So he asked you for id, which he is entitled to if he feels you're underage, you then stole from the shop and threatened him...and he's a smuck? you realise your totally in the wrong here don't you?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

You feel like aldi broke retail laws, violated Your constitutional right and discriminated you?

How?

Where in the constitution does it say they have to serve you?

Also, you picked up a 12 pack, when you didnt have ID as they requested, You Just picked up the cans and walked out? Thats shoplifting

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

So you stole cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Twat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

And you buy your beer in Aldi? Also well done for acting like a child no matter how old you look!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Probably claims social welfare every week too

Op once a thief always a thief

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You stole cans from ALDI, wow reaching for the stars there aren't you...

I'd expect you to be charged with theft tbh. You'll be on cameras.

Also, if the shop assistant attempted to stop you, he would be well within his rights of citizens arrest since theft carriers a sentence of up to 10 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 tom.padraig

Tell me how offended you all are?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

violated my constitutional right and discriminated.

Gimme a break, try selling that horse$hit to a judge and see where it gets you...

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

You should of went a step or two further, spit in his face and a swift kick to the balls, that'll teach the <SNIP> for doing his job.

I'd expect you to be charged with theft tbh. You'll be on cameras.

Also, if the shop assistant attempted to stop you, he would be well within his rights of citizens arrest since theft carriers a sentence of up to 10 years.

If I go to jail can I get my teeth fixed for free?

Tell me how offended you all are?

not offended at all, just wondering why you think acting like a scumbag is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You'll be on blowjob duty till your mammy bails you out

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

You'd probably get them knocked in at no charge too.

Now thats not saying much about the Irish Prison service which costs tax payers 38k per inmate per year

So is the overall response from posters ..

.. I am not entitled loyalty card points?

Now thats not saying much about the Irish Prison service which costs tax payers 38k per inmate per year

Off to bed with you and get your mammy to tuck you in, no business talking about what us tax payers pay when you're out and about stealing because some hard working person upsets you.

scary wrote: »
    Off to bed with you and get your mammy to tuck you in, no business talking about what us tax payers pay when you're out and about stealing because some hard working person upsets you.

Ah come on my EIIS investments & accounts department in guernsey doesnt mean I'm not a tax payer. Some people would say you sir sound like a communist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Highly doubt you would.

He or one of the other lads in the shop would have sparked you out with relative ease in all honesty.
    I would love a cop to come and prepare a case for the dpp.

Good luck with that :D

The financial powerhouse of Aldi have a revenue stream of 60 billion a year, they will have access to alot better solicitors than you will :P

I hope they make an example of you, which they could.

Are you a local business man?

If this goes to papers it won't look good for you business.

Threatening retail staff, shoplifting, racist language.

They have the financial power and the means to put you in the gutter :D

Better go back down to Aldi tomorrow and apologise to the staff

You have been warned.

If the man working behind to counter goes to gardai and takes a case against you for threatening language, intimidation and use of racist language and Aldi back him, you are in trouble.

Those Germans retailers don't let anyone push them around.

Ah come on my EIIS investments & accounts department in guernsey doesnt mean I'm not a tax payer. Some people would say you sir sound like a communist.

you've trolled enough and drank to much by the sounds of it good night sir and sweet dreams, and go apologize to the nice people in Aldi tomorrow who aren't as well off as you but still don't feel the need to steal.

scary wrote: »
    you've trolled enough and drank to much by the sounds of it good night sir and sweet dreams, and go apologize to the nice people in Aldi tomorrow who aren't as well off as you but still don't feel the need to steal.

toodles :)

sleep well

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't feed trolls.

Especially post-midnight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement