Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I transfer my mortgage to another EU bank

Options
  • 28-04-2013 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I would like to transfer my mortgage from EBS to another EU bank that offers better interests rates. I have been paying my mortgage for 7 years and would like to swap mortgage providers. Is this allowed under EU law?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

maxmaggot wrote: »
    I would like to transfer my mortgage from EBS to another EU bank that offers better interests rates. I have been paying my mortgage for 7 years and would like to swap mortgage providers. Is this allowed under EU law?
    No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

refinance

ask bank you want to move to,your house will need to be worth more than you owe

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Anynama141 wrote: »
    No.
    Of course it's allowed under EU law, but no bank in their right mind would take most Irish mortgages given it's not been proven that said bank could even repossess.

Practically speaking this is a complete non-runner however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maxmaggot

Thanks for you replies. I was always curious about this. Now I know :-)

Advertisement