Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing from china.any advice?

Options
  • 28-04-2013 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi id like to import t shirts & musical equipment from china ,good idea or bad? i want to get the best deal i can & cut out the middle man does anybody have any advice?. thx....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Go there. Don't try and do it through Alibaba or something you wont get a good deal.

If the cost of going there is too much given what you hope to bring in, have a good long think about it as you may not be buying in big enough quantities to get the stuff at a decent price.

There is a town in China called Yiwu with an enormous shopping center full of wholesalers where you drive about on a little golf buggy visiting the suppliers. Each product has its own area. Fly over to Shanghai and travel to Yiwu from there.

There is no pot of gold to be had buying 20 or 30 of something off Alibaba in the main as most likely if its really cheap at that quantity given shipping and VAT its probably crap. T shirts are so cheap now everywhere I wouldn't bother and I would be careful about musical equipment if its in any way electronic.

Buying from China can be very tricky and its nothing as simple as the previous link suggests as most factories have offices or agents in Hong Kong who sell on eBay etc for them and you wont match them on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭good vibes

Thank you very much ! excellent advice !

Advertisement