Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading from 25mb to 50mb speed?

• 28-04-2013 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hello i have been with upc for about 2 years and have always had 25mb download speed the lowest speed you can get now is 50 mb. i pay the same price for my 25 as there is for the 50 speed. am i entitled to a free upgrade to 50 mb? What should i do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

GreenIrish wrote: »
    Hello i have been with upc for about 2 years and have always had 25mb download speed the lowest speed you can get now is 50 mb. i pay the same price for my 25 as there is for the 50 speed. am i entitled to a free upgrade to 50 mb? What should i do?

Up until recently you had to pay extra for the upgrade so it didn't happen automatically but UPC have announced they will upgrade everybody now. So sometime in the next few weeks it will happen and they said the upgrade would be free and they will ship new modems to those that need them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

bealtine wrote: »
    UPC have announced they will upgrade everybody now. So sometime in the next few weeks it will happen and they said the upgrade would be free and they will ship new modems to those that need them

This is highly misleading from UPC, not everyone on there network will get upgraded as there is some areas that will never be upgraded such as my estate, I have 30 meg broadband with them and will never get 50,100,150 as will no one else on the estate, UPC has never explained why to me or anyone else, just the usual well inform you if the situation changes.

Don't get me wrong 30 meg is brilliant, but id just like to have the choice of upgrades as well.

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 46 GreenIrish

thanks where do they actually say this though? Because i want to quote them on it! i do not want to pay extra for a new modem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

GreenIrish wrote: »
    thanks where do they actually say this though? Because i want to quote them on it! i do not want to pay extra for a new modem!
    It was reported on siliconrepublic.com as follows:

'UPC Ireland CEO Dana Strong said the company’s broadband customers who are on less than 50Mbps will be upgraded for free to the new entry-level speed. Users who require new modems to cope with the speed increase will be sent the latest modems for free.'

Also, the UPC rep posted in THIS THREAD over on the Talk to UPC forum that:

'This will be initiated from our side and we will be in contact regarding this within the next couple of months.'

Advertisement