Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Bill Pay - Changing Mind - Any Cooling Off Period

Options
  • 28-04-2013 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

O2 has a 7 day cooling off period, and im fairly certain other networks are the same.

Best thing would be to get back in to Meteor straight away and cancel it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Aces018

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Return the phone its probably part of the contract unless you had an idea of keeping a shiny phone for free

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Aces018 wrote: »

If you cancel during cool-off period you will definitely get your deposit back.
    Did you buy online, or in store?

• Advertisement

I didn't think I was getting a phone for free, but, I took the plastic off, but as stated, the phone hasn't been turned on or anything. Would that matter?

Question. I gave a deposit.. Surely I'll lose that? (Which I don't want to, over 100 euro deposit given).

Have you read the contract should have something in it about the cooling off period then drop back into meteor ask them directly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You'll have to go back to Carphonewarehouse re the phone at least. They may not have sent the contract just yet, so you may be in luck there as well. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

What's the phone as matter of interest, €129 for a phone on a 24 month contract at €49 a month seems expensive.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

They are not going to cancel the contract and let you keep the phone. If that was the case you've just gotten an iPhone 5 for €129 with no contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Absolutely no chance Meteor or CW do this willingly, if this scenario happens it would only be because you refuse to pay the full price of the phone or to return it; and you are considered a bad payer.

The actual price of the phone outside of a contract is between 650 and 900 euros depending on the capacity, and if they cancel the contract and leave you the phone they have no way of recovering that money which they have already spent by giving you the phone (and which if you keep the contract they would recover every month over the next 24 months as you service charge is higher than a contract without a phone).

Even if they blacklist the phone they are out of luck to get their money back and you could still sell it for WAY more than 129 as it could be jailbroken/unlocked and used abroad.

They would have to be idiots to do that.

Either they allow you to cancel the contract, take back the phone, and refund you; or they don't cancel anything. The only option which would make sense financially to cancel the contract and let you keep the phone would be to charge you the difference between the actual retail price and the 129 euros you paid (ie an extra 500 to 750 euros), but I doubt you want that - and they probably don't want to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Get a hard copy of this e-mail, time is ticking away and if they say it was received after 7 days, you're in trouble.

Glad it went well for you Aces018

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The branch manager in CW could not have been more helpful

Fair play to CPW for this attitude as the manager is looking at a claw back from the network and a blot on the stores record and a bit of paperwork.

Advertisement