Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

faulty car from garage

Options
  • 28-04-2013 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I recently bought a car from a registered garage.

The car was advertised as one with NCT, but when I visited the site this car had no NCT as advertised and also had a damaged which looked like the result of an impact or accident. I was promised that the car would have a new NCT and any damage would be repaired.
    After this agreement I decided to buy this car.
    The garage sheduled an NCT for me, but when I showed up, there was an NCT fee waiting to be paid and it has not been refunded. The car passed the NCT, but with a description that the tyres are worn. Although from outside all the tyres looked quite good, from inside the rear right tyre was badly worn. I took the car to my mechanic and he found that the suspension needs to be fixed as it is causing the wheel to bend.The tyre is getting worn so quickly that it will soon be unsuitable for use as it is prone to explosion, so it needs to be changed.
    I have contacted the garage , but they said that this is not under the cover of the warranty,as it is not an engine or gear box problem.
    What should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Honestly? You should have had the mechanic look at the car before you bought it. That said, any garage I have ever dealt with would have resolved the issue with no hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 short_of_cash

I think you should log on the national consumer agency website....www.nca.ie.
    There is a section about buying a used car and your rights under the sale of goods act.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

Sorry for letting you know so late. Just for anyone who maybe will be in a similar situation.
    After no communication with the seller at all I took this to the small claims court and won the case.
    20 minutes in court, a few emails and letters to receive a cheque to cover all expenses.

Advertisement