Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naples, Italy in June. Where to stay, suggestions?

Options
  • 28-04-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey...

I have a ticket to Naples in mid June for myself and my mom, we want to see lots but find a good place to stay as a base away from the hustle and bustle... And here it's where it gets complicated!

Ideally, we would love to stay somewhere on the beach, so we can have long strolls in the morning and relax by the waves in the afternoon (a pool could be a good alternative too). As far as I can see on-line the best places for beach lounging seem to be Sorrento, Capri, Ischia and alike, though they all look horrendously expensive and I am not too sure if they are that relaxing ;)!

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay, that you can use a comfortable base for relaxing, soaking up the sun and lounging around, with good access to Naples for sightseeing?

Thank You so much:)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭chancer007

Hi,

Not much of a beach in Sorrento.
    Ischia/Capri is really nice but expensive.
    To be honest I would be staying away from Naples.

Bit of a lonshot if your interested would be to take the train to Scalea, 1 1/2 hour by train from Naples.its south of Naples on coast.Scalea has its own micro-climate.
    Gorgeous beaches,not many foreign tourists,well worth looking into

Given your choices are limited,I would recommend you stay close to Sorrento.
    You can take ferry to capri,train to Pompeii,hire a car or take the bus over to Positanao, stunning scenery.

Plenty of hotels & deals in Sorrento,check out venere.com

Have been to Sorrento 2 years ago & am going next month again.

PM if you need for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭demure

Thanks a million Chancer007!

I love the look of Scalea, it seems so authentic! It will definitely be somewhere I'll keep in mind for future travels. Meanwhile, I am driving down from Rome (where I am picking up my mom from) so it is a long enough drive to Sorrento, wouldn't want to overdo it ;)

I am considering staying either in Sorrento or on the Amalfi coast. There are some fabulous places to see, it's just a matter of finding a good location as a base now. The Guardian has a great list there

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/may/06/escape.italy

from which Nerano sounds really interesting for walks and the access to Amalfi coast, so does Positano, for somewhere more fashy..

I also managed to locate a tiny little hotel 10 mins walk from Sorrento with its "own private beach" (sic) so want to look into this one further :)

Happy travelling!

Advertisement