Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beaumont, Dublin 9

Options
  • 28-04-2013 12:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28

looked at a house recently for sale in this area , its relativley close to town though transport appears pretty average , looks to be a middle of the road - nothing special but nothing to worry about area

anyone got an opinion

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Where abouts in beaumount?

I've been in collinswood since 2007 and you're right about it - it's very quiet, nothing majorly dramatic happens which is good in a lot of ways. Depending on where you are in the the transport can be really good. I'm a minute from the 14 which goes right the way via stephens green to dundrum, the 16 which goes to the airport or rathfarnham via dame street and camden street and then the 1 is 5 minutes walk on the corner of the swords road and collins avenue which is over to sandymount. It's about a tenner in a cab into town during the day, cycling is maybe 20 minutes in so I reckon it's actually pretty good transport wise. The only criticism I'd have is I'd prefer a few more cafes / restaurants since I'm kind of used to living in dublin 2 (I'm 33 btw) whereas this is an older, more familyish area. It's very quiet, generally no hassle, you've some good options for groceries, schools and hospitals nearby and if you ever want to rent you've DCU up the road and beaumount hospital nearby too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 jack_rambo

joconnell wrote: »
    Where abouts in beaumount?

I've been in collinswood since 2007 and you're right about it - it's very quiet, nothing majorly dramatic happens which is good in a lot of ways. Depending on where you are in the the transport can be really good. I'm a minute from the 14 which goes right the way via stephens green to dundrum, the 16 which goes to the airport or rathfarnham via dame street and camden street and then the 1 is 5 minutes walk on the corner of the swords road and collins avenue which is over to sandymount. It's about a tenner in a cab into town during the day, cycling is maybe 20 minutes in so I reckon it's actually pretty good transport wise. The only criticism I'd have is I'd prefer a few more cafes / restaurants since I'm kind of used to living in dublin 2 (I'm 33 btw) whereas this is an older, more familyish area. It's very quiet, generally no hassle, you've some good options for groceries, schools and hospitals nearby and if you ever want to rent you've DCU up the road and beaumount hospital nearby too.

three bed semi ( 239 k ) for sale on coolgrena road , estate looks ok , your right about a lack of eateries etc in beaumont village

Advertisement