Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a time lapse from HD video?

Options
  • 28-04-2013 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in making a time-lapse video, just for example we'll say showing 4 hours of real time in ten seconds of video.

I have a HD video camcorder (Panasonic HC-V500). Is there any way to create a time-lapse with the HD video I can record with this? I'm using MS MovieMaker, which only allows me to speed it up to play at x64 times, which isn't really enough.

I can't really spend much on new gear or equipment, so it'd have to be done on the cheap (editing or conversion software?).

Pretty rookie at this, any ideas or opinions are valued!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Could you go into virtual dub and change the frame rate to something huge and then save it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

You could create your file sped up 64 times in Movie Maker. Then add your new sped up footage to Movie Maker and speed it up again by whatever amount you deem necessary.

Advertisement