Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 610 - buy local

Options
  • 28-04-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I have decided to buy the garmin 610 running watch and would prefer to buy in ireland at the right price. I am aware of UK online prices.

Can anyone recommend a store in Kildare/Dublin (or other) area that sells them?

Cheers
    NCT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Amphibian King or Wheelworx. Both Irish and have shops in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Decent deal on it from the edge sports in Cork. They do free delivery too as far as im aware.

http://www.theedge-sports.com/store/product/47153/Garmin-Foreunner-610-GPS/

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NCT

Thanks for that. Yeah I cam across Edge on my searches today and they do appear very competitive. Could well be getting my business....:)

Thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

NCT wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Yeah I cam across Edge on my searches today and they do appear very competitive. Could well be getting my business....:)

Thanks for reply

Unless you are looking to be patriotic then I don't understand why you want to buy from an Irish shop online but not a UK shop ? Both will require you return the watch to base if you have a problem with it though more than likely suggest sending it direct to garmin for any repair. It is the case that some shops will give you a replacement on the spot for an issue and they will sort it out with the manufacturer. If this is the reason why you want to buy locally then ask the shop what is the policy for returns, faults etc.

On a side note I have purchased garmin's online and have had problems with two of them. I got both replaced for free which took about a week in sending them to the UK.

In saying that the edge price is competitive. I remember that a year ago that the watch and HRM bundle was 470 Euro. Note the edge also have a loyalty scheme that you get 10 or 15 % (don't know which one) once you spend over 100 euro, worth asking about that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

NCT wrote: »

Thanks for reply

They've great value on the 610 at the minute, I know AK can't get within an asses roar of those prices.

A good B&M store will in the event of returns give you a like for like over the counter for any warranty issue. As ROM suggests, just have that cleared up before you buy, ideally in email format rather than verbal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NCT

Hi,

Ended up buying the special addition 610 in Edge in Cork. Staff in the shop very friendly and efficient.
    Ken and Kalhid looked after me. Watch posted and received the next date.

Got it for €322 with premium HRM. Could have got a little cheaper possibly from UK online stores but prefer to support local where possible where price gap not to restrictive.

Have used the watch once already for a 5k and already have a new pb thanks to the pace function, driving me on.

Thanks to all for input/advice above.

Advertisement