Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook's idea of ok!

• 28-04-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I reported a video on Failbook that depicted a very graphic beheading of a woman in Mexico.. Facebook reviewed it and deemed it ok to be there?? WTF

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Sure you aren't just
    *sticks on shades*
    losing the head a bit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

phill106 wrote: »
    Sure you aren't just
    *sticks on shades*
    losing the head a bit?
    YYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It probably depends on where it was... maybe.

It probably wasn't on the Thomas the tank engine page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OP you should start a facebook campaign about it. They always work in making people pretend to give a shìt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

In fairness they need to cut that stuff out.. LAWL.. This is what I got back from them! "Status Video not removed

Details
    Thanks for your report. We reviewed the video you reported, but found it doesn't violate Facebook's Community Standard on graphic violence, which includes depicting harm to someone or something, threats to the public's safety, or theft and vandalism."

It was a real video of graphic murder.. Akin to 3 men 1 screwdriver and other such sick ****!! I just don't get it?? I saw it via a teenaged family member commenting on it and they shouldn't be privy to that level of sickness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Rats out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The video was probably entitled "Graphic beheading of woman in Mexico". What do you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Anything over 100 likes means it stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

jay-me wrote: »
    It was a real video of graphic murder.. Akin to 3 men 1 screwdriver and other such sick ****!! I just don't get it?? I saw it via a teenaged family member commenting on it and they shouldn't be privy to that level of sickness!

Its not like an image that can pop up on your Facebook wall and shock you without warning. Its a video, something that comes with a title, probably containing the word 'beheading', and needs to be clicked upon to be played.

Very hard to view it without your own consent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Unless it's illegal then they probably won't remove it.

Didn't it take over 24 hours to get video taken down of a teenage girl masturbating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Didn't it take over 24 hours to get video taken down of a teenage girl masturbating?

Link or GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I reported the same video. I don't have a problem with these videos myself as I can handle the horrid facts of life, but it's distastful and shows a distinct lack of respect to have a video of anyones murder or execution. To think that the victims family or friends could come across a video of their loved one being beheaded and the head waved around. It's the stuff of nightmares. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Hang on now, whats this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

GrumPy wrote: »
    Link or GTFO

Well... it was removed. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I have to say I went looking for said video and found it. I did about 4 seconds and had to turn it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

I have to say I went looking for said video and found it. I did about 4 seconds and had to turn it off.

What it only took you 4 seconds to cum

BAHAHAHA

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

In fairness they need to cut that stuff out.. LAWL.. This is what I got back from them! "Status Video not removed

Details
    Thanks for your report. We reviewed the video you reported, but found it doesn't violate Facebook's Community Standard on graphic violence, which includes depicting harm to someone or something, threats to the public's safety, or theft and vandalism."

They shouldn't be befreading dopes who post that **** on facebook. Society not facebook is the problem here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I reported a video on Failbook that depicted a very graphic beheading of a woman in Mexico.. Facebook reviewed it and deemed it ok to be there?? WTF

The horror!!!!! You should write to the UN and get them to make being wrapped in cotton wool a human right.

Nodin wrote: »
    The horror!!!!! You should write to the UN and get them to make being wrapped in cotton wool a human right.

You don't think that perhaps, it's unfair on a victim to have their execution made very public?

• Advertisement

discus wrote: »
    You don't think that perhaps, it's unfair on a victim to have their execution made very public?

....as they're dead, worries for the family would be more appropriate. Or worry over the fact that beheading is now a part of the intimidation involved in a "drug" war thats killed tens of thousands...

....as they're dead, worries for the family would be more appropriate. Or worry over the fact that beheading is now a part of the intimidation involved in a "drug" war thats killed tens of thousands...

Sorry, on a previous post in this thread I highlighted that that is exactly my problem, the family having to witness and relive that problem.

Don't get me started on that drug war, it humbles me to think that of all the places in the world I was born, it was here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

discus wrote: »

Yeah, that's what their biggest problem is. Having your head hacked off, what evs, but it being posted on Facebook? I didn't have time to do my mascara properly!

Also there is loads of kids on Facebook that will see that as easy as I did.. And all it says is like if you think he should go to jail.. No graphic warnings or anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Rats out.

Personal abuse. Reported

Cienciano wrote: »
    Personal abuse. Reported

Personal abuse... leave it out lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

thebman wrote: »
    It probably depends on where it was... maybe.

It probably wasn't on the Thomas the tank engine page.

No, but that video of the guy getting hit by the train still haunts me. Thomas you evil bastard :mad:

mayordenis wrote: »
    They shouldn't be befreading dopes who post that **** on facebook. Society not facebook is the problem here

The problem with Facebook is that you dont have to post it to have it show up... Even if they like/comment it can show up.

Also there is loads of kids on Facebook that will see that as easy as I did.. And all it says is like if you think he should go to jail.. No graphic warnings or anything else!

It says "beheading" doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I don't understand why people watch this stuff.
    Morbid curiosity for terrible things happening to people is the stock response.
    And it seems to be a kind of competitive sport, so to speak.
    And all for the lulz.

So the natural evolution of a competitive "i'm hard as fcuk, me" attitude to these things is to view worse terrible things.
    So is the next test to view the worst thing imaginable (increasingly horrendous mutilation/abuse of infants, say- is it only a matter of time before that's the new 3 guys, one hammer). :confused: :rolleyes:

I don't understand why people watch this stuff.
    Morbid curiosity for terrible things happening to people is the stock response.
    And it seems to be a kind of competitive sport, so to speak.
    And all for the lulz.

So the natural evolution of a competitive "i'm hard as fcuk, me" attitude to these things is to view worse terrible things.
    So is the next test to view the worst thing imaginable (increasingly horrendous mutilation/abuse of infants, say- is it only a matter of time before that's the new 3 guys, one hammer). :confused: :rolleyes:

You'll find far worse preceded the invention of the printing press.

No, some links are in spanish titles.

You'll find far worse preceded the invention of the printing press.

Not sure what your point is tbh.

Not sure what your point is tbh.

...the notion that it's some kind of spiral. People have already plumbed the depths, and some video of it isn't going to make any difference.

...the notion that it's some kind of spiral. People have already plumbed the depths, and some video of it isn't going to make any difference.

So watching anything is ok.
    That terrible things have always happened to people is a given but i don't see how it's relevant.
    Child abuse/mutilation, for example, is one of the worst things that can happen to people (that i can think of anyway) and has always happened.
    What's the difference with beheadings.

• Advertisement

So watching anything is ok.
    That terrible things have always happened to people is a given but i don't see how it's relevant.
    Child abuse/mutilation, for example, is one of the worst things that can happen to people (that i can think of anyway) and has always happened.
    What's the difference with beheadings.

Victim is dead,it doesn'tt perpetutate beheading, and I can't imagine too many watching it for gratification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 honey83

It's ridiculous, considering they remove innocent pictures of breastfeeding babies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

honey83 wrote: »
    It's ridiculous, considering they remove innocent pictures of breastfeeding babies!

What's ridiculous is your presumption that these babies are innocent!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What's ridiculous is your presumption that these babies are innocent!
    :D
    I'm not talking about a grown mans fetish of wearing a diaper and being burped. I can't do anything about those of you that are into that after you get your milk on tap.

Just so happens that I log into FB after reading this thread and the second thing on my feed is the video.

Why do people like that sort of thing? I didn't watch it, as I'm not into that sort of barbaric crap.

• Advertisement

Victim is dead,it doesn'tt perpetutate beheading, and I can't imagine too many watching it for gratification.

Not sure how "victim is dead" is relevant.
    How would that make it OK.

But anyway, a victim can be dead in other mutilation scenarios i mentioned (maybe someone stomping on an infant's head say).
    I'm purposely using this example because it's probably one of THE worst thing i can imagine. I'm sure there's worse.

I didn't mention gratification. That's not what i'm discussing here. I'm just talking about viewing of terrible things.

Perpetuation of beheadings: There are sites devoted to this stuff, aren't there. It certainly doesn't lessen it.

Hide it, there is an option to hide posts. I block and hide posts all of the time especially around election time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I'm sure if you set up a page to campaign about this issue, once you get enough likes you'll be able to cure the lady's and many more people's beheadings.

Facebook is great like that.

No just said like if you think he should go to jail.. Nothing else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

...this is why people need to get over their FB addictions and cancel their account. Nobody wants to see that showing up in their feed. You can't endlessly keep hiding posts or people!

JDxtra wrote: »
    ...this is why people need to get over their FB addictions and cancel their account. Nobody wants to see that showing up in their feed. You can't endlessly keep hiding posts or people!

Unfriend them and keep your account. I was in the military and so was my soon to be ex we have friends all over the country and in other countries we keep in touch with on there. I unfriend people if they are constantly offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

christ she must of been in bits by the end

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ah sure those videos are only some light hearted fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol, so gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

The age requirement for facebook is 13, meaning there are still plenty of children who aren't lying about their age that can go on Facebook, and many who do. Of course, there should be plenty of parent interaction with their children's usage of the site or any other site, but it's very likely there are going to be plenty of unsupervised times and if a child is over a certain age there is no need to supervise everything they do on it while still keeping in mind they are children. However:

I know you were referring to the poster saying there was no "graphic warning", so I'm just talking in general. A lot of children are going to be interested in this, many enough to actually click on it. That doesn't mean that I'd be happy for my children to see it as I can guarantee that is damaging. The fact it does exactly what the title says may be a fine argument for an adult but children are stupid; just because they think it's okay to watch it or that they're ready to see it does not mean they are. Fucking hell, surely that's obvious enough.

However, nothing can be done about it if Facebook won't take it down. There's no point going on some tabloid style witch-hunt or campaign. If you're an adult, it is a case of don't watch it if you don't want to (as I hope you wouldn't).

• Advertisement
Advertisement