Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook's idea of ok!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I know you were referring to the poster saying there was no "graphic warning", so I'm just talking in general. A lot of children are going to be interested in this, many enough to actually click on it. That doesn't mean that I'd be happy for my children to see it as I can guarantee that is damaging. The fact it does exactly what the title says may be a fine argument for an adult but children are stupid; just because they think it's okay to watch it or that they're ready to see it does not mean they are. Fucking hell, surely that's obvious enough.

However, nothing can be done about it if Facebook won't take it down. There's no point going on some tabloid style witch-hunt or campaign. If you're an adult, it is a case of don't watch it if you don't want to (as I hope you wouldn't).

Leaving children unsupervised on the internet is a disastrous idea, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Nodin wrote: »
    Leaving children unsupervised on the internet is a disastrous idea, tbh.

Yeah, but at like 16, I'd be wary of always supervising them. At the same time, though, some aren't really clever enough to not watch something like that yet.

Yeah, but at like 16, I'd be wary of always supervising them. At the same time, though, some aren't really clever enough to not watch something like that yet.

At 16, its learning by the "touching the fire" method. I'd be more worried about the younger ones of 12-13 and under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Nodin wrote: »
    At 16, its learning by the "touching the fire" method. I'd be more worried about the younger ones of 12-13 and under.

I'd agree to an extent; at 13 and younger, I wouldn't be comfortable unless I was supervising the kid, but I still don't think at 16 most kids are clever enough to know the effects of that kind of thing, I don't know how it would have effected me (probably badly) plus it's not entirely necessary with something as extreme as that. Maybe I'm underesimating them though, I dunno.

I'd agree to an extent; at 13 and younger, I wouldn't be comfortable unless I was supervising the kid, but I still don't think at 16 most kids are clever enough to know the effects of that kind of thing, I don't know how it would have effected me (probably badly) plus it's not entirely necessary with something as extreme as that. Maybe I'm underesimating them though, I dunno.

Well it might effect them and it might not, but its a bit like a few things in life - if they won't listen, they'll learn the hard way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Why did the Mexican with an aussie accent behead the woman?

Tequila!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

honey83 wrote: »
    I was in the military and so was my soon to be ex

When do you plan on telling her its over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

look, i think at the end of the day, we can all agree that decapition is a bad thing

shane9689 wrote: »
    look, i think at the end of the day, we can all agree that decapition is a bad thing

Generally, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's fake obv. FB's rules allow fake gore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Why did the Mexican with an aussie accent behead the woman?

Tequila!!

Hehe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Just stumbled across this video on FB, Quickly sent abusive message to person posting it and befriended him...

Surely it most be some kind of crime posting a video like this on FB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

campo wrote: »
    Just stumbled across this video on FB, Quickly sent abusive message to person posting it and befriended him...

Surely it most be some kind of crime posting a video like this on FB

Personally I'd de-friend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Shows how sick American society is, a women breastfeeding is bad and taken down yet it's ok to show a real life beheading ??

The excuse that this happens in the real world ??

so what , far worse things happen, should FB start allowing kiddie p0rn now ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

I wonder what OK!s idea of Facebook is. Didn't mr and mrs suckerburg opt for Hello! Instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Horrible as it is, that kind of stuff is dime a dozen. Facebook banning it won't really stop it's disemmination, I was sent it in an email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

You can show the absolute depths of human misery, suffering, indignity and death.

As long as nobody shows a nipple! Then it's immoral and wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Whenever I'm watching a show/movie or reading a book and it's based in ye olden yesteryear, I'm always struck with pure bewilderment as regards to the customary gatherings and festivities surrounding beheadings and dismemberments. They are always depicted as such lively and jovial occasions that you bring your kids to gawk and cheer along with the crowd.

But then you have videos like this all over the internet, and they always have a weirdly high view count, which makes me come to the conclusion that we haven't actually moved on as much as we might think. It wasn't just some odd barbaric culture of the time, it must be something innate.

Advertisement