Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visitor in my backyard

• 28-04-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

About 3 weeks ago I found what I thought was a rat's hole at the end of my backyard so I covered it over with some soil. Never thought about it again until a week ago when I saw what I thought was a rat in the garden.

It turned out to be quite a small rabbit and has been hanging around in my garden, where it has a few places to hide, and in my neighbours garden. I dont know if its trapped because I covered its tunnel. There is definitely only 1 rabbit and I think its pretty young, although Im no expert.

Is there anything I could/should do for the rabbit? Should I try to usher it out the back gate to the fields around my house or just leave it? Usually I wouldnt mind it being there as long as its ok, I dont care if it eats flowers or whatever, but my dogs have become very interested in the rabbits scent so Im slightly worried for it. Also, my neighbour has a very frustrated dog, so there is no real peace for the rabbit in either garden although it has places to hide in both.

Advertisement