Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SpeedStep reducing multiplier setting when watching HD youtube videos. Please help.

Options
  • 28-04-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey there.

I downloaded CPU - Z and I have found my multiplier of the CPU drops and lowers the CPU speed when watching HD 1080p or some 720p videos.

Why is it doing this?

Surely it should be bumping up the multiplier for me for HD videos?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

What program are you using to play them, and what kind of graphics card do you have?

The program may be using GPU acceleration to keep the load off your CPU. Unless HD video is not playing back properly in some way, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Adren

Just off youtube, higher res vids on youtube.

They run fine for a while as the multiplier stays at 11, then after a while it goes to 6, so halves the speed of the cpu. Then the video becomes very stuttery.

I have a feeling it is because of the cpu overheating.

Advertisement