Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Question about the equipment.

Options
  • 28-04-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I would like to have your opinion about my situation with UPC.

I am French, and I lived in Ireland a few monthes ago.
    I canceled my UPC account in October 2012. They stopped the direct debit after the notice period of 30 days and asked me to give back the equipment.
    Well here is my poblem. At this particular moment, I already left Ireland and came back to France. I let the box at a friend's place asking him to keep it until UPC would come.

I told them to contact my friend etc. The thing is, my friend never gave back the equipment.He stills have the equipment until 8 monthes...

FOr sure UPC send me an invoice with fees as I didn t give back the equipment but of course I never received it as I m in France.
    When I lived I let on my bank account 200€ because I thought maybe my friend would not give back the equipment and UPC would take the fees directly. But the money is still there on the bank account and now I d like to close this bank account.

Would you please tell me, according to you, if UPC is waiting for the equipment or if they let it go since the time? I d like to pay the fees but after 8 monthes I m a bit afraid about their reaction and about the fees I could pay. What about if I close my bank account now? I m calling upc tomorrow to ask them about it anyway.
    But Im a bit nervous at the moment ... My friend just told me a few hours ago that he stills have the equipment...
    Thanks about that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Technically you are responsible. Your friend has nothing to do with it. Just phone and explain but you do owe for the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just call them and tell UPC you waited for them to pick up the equipment but now you've left the country.

Advertisement