Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC

• 28-04-2013 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm thinking about buying a dedicated gaming PC. I just want something that works out of the box. I'm not interested in building one myself, or upgrading. I'm just not into that side of things. I've got about €500-600 to spend. Is there an obvious model that you could point me toward. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Could you be at all convinced to built it yourself? You'll get much better value and it is not that hard at all, once you've all the parts gathered you can have it up and running in a couple of hours.

Don't really have any info on out of the box stuff, sorry. You could try overclockers.co.uk and see what sort of stuff they have on there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Head over here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842
    They have a questionnaire for such queries.

For example:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056936431

Then buy from hardwareversand.de and they'll build it for you for an extra €20.

You should really just build it yourself, it's not hard you'll learn a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

danthefan wrote: »
    Could you be at all convinced to built it yourself? You'll get much better value and it is not that hard at all, once you've all the parts gathered you can have it up and running in a couple of hours.

Don't really have any info on out of the box stuff, sorry. You could try overclockers.co.uk and see what sort of stuff they have on there.

I could possibly be convinced if it was fairly straight forward. But I've come across people having these conversations before and it just bores me to tears. Largely because I don't understand what they're talking about. I'm used to consoles. Plug it in and play. Would I be able to build a high quality machine for that money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

5uspect wrote: »
    Head over here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842
    They have a questionnaire for such queries.

For example:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056936431

Then buy from hardwareversand.de and they'll build it for you for an extra €20.

You should really just build it yourself, it's not hard you'll learn a lot.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I could possibly be convinced if it was fairly straight forward. But I've come across people having these conversations before and it just bores me to tears. Largely because I don't understand what they're talking about. I'm used to consoles. Plug it in and play. Would I be able to build a high quality machine for that money?
    I bought my first gaming PC second hand as like yourself I didn't want the hassle of putting it together and making a balls of it. I've upgraded several parts since I bought it and plan on doing a system upgrade next year. Once you start fiddling around with the parts there's actually very little to it. All the parts have slot on the board to fit into and it's handy to know what does what for trouble shooting. Like a previous poster said, you'll get much better value if you were to piece it together yourself, boards is a great site for advice too if your stuck with anything.

If your spending 500-600 look up adverts.ie, there does be some nice machines on there and if your not sure which is worth the money just ask the folks here for help. That's if you want to chance the second hand route.

• Advertisement
Advertisement