Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for shop share/space share in a shop

Options
  • 28-04-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, i am starting an online business selling ladies products. I am wondering how would i go about getting out prodcuts into a shop - or even renting a section of their shop to sell our products... does anyone know a better name for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Are they your own product, or selling someone elses?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Gizmoses

My own products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I would have thought that the whole point of being an "online" vendor was that you did not have a traditional shop premises or the attendant overhead! Am I missing something here?

Yes you are missing something it's called brand awareness, it's getting your brand out there, obviously having a concession stand or area in a shop will generate more sales, especially if they want to try the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Sorry, it was the online reference that confused me.

• Advertisement

Your forgiven ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

you doing much brand awareness online? Through social media or anything?

Facebook page, 6k likes in a week and a half and twitter 1100 followers, the product I'm selling people would like to try on hence why im thinking of renting a section in a shop or something. With some samples from my stock to try on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Although costly, maybe try a groupon offer to get your brand out there. Also, good photos with a pinterest page might work wonders.

I'm not sure about the cost of concession stands but good luck with your business anyway :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If it's a retail chain you'd most likely need to go through the central office to get on their list of allowed products; if you're talking a once off store you could always go in and ask for the owner instead.

You're probably better off to not rent space in the store directly as you don't know the foot traffic but rather act as a supplier and partial time sales assist at the start or similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement