Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canada 2013 :D

• 28-04-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hello people :) wanted to start a trend for people heading to canada this year just to share what part your going to and what type of work your hoping to get. Im going to calgary in august and from what iv heard its the place to be :) im heading out alone so would really like to hear from people that are also heading alone and what there plans are just so everyone can give tips and help eachother out :) cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

I am heading alone also not sure yet when but hoping July. all the best with your move:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Phillybyrne

Best of luck mate :) it will be well worth it and ya meet people over there in no time :) so what sorta work you looking to get? Have you recieved you work permit yet?

yea mate i have a 2 year iec visa got:D wbu? ah looking to get in to construction wbu?:D

Yeah im the same mate got my visa two weeks ago looking to do construckin aswell :) i heard its plentyful in calgary anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 davybrown

moving out to vancouver in august. im a joiner and hoping to eventually get a job in the construction. don't think ill get one for a few moths tho. aye 2 year visa also!

• Advertisement

Iv heard vancouvers the most expensive city not too sure but just going by what iv heard but iv also heard it has the whole package work wise and standard of living :) calgarys my choice coz its really easy to get work so gonna stay there for a few months see how i get on then hoping to head to toronto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

Heading to Calgary end of July myself waiting to get Paid friday then booking the tickets hopefully for good , hoping to work Finance with a bit of luck :-) roll on few months.

Heading to Calgary end of July myself waiting to get Paid friday then booking the tickets hopefully for good , hoping to work Finance with a bit of luck :-) roll on few months.

Yeah good stuff mate im hoping to get on the sites :) im getting paid by the month so ill have to wait to book me flights at the end of may :( what route ya flying? Im gonna go dublin chicago calgary it works out the cheapest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

Going to try go via Dublin-London-Calgary though depends on the prices by the weekend they be getting more expensive all the time :/ if not one of USA routes though there a pain with the paperwork but sure as long get there in one piece all good.

Going to try go via Dublin-London-Calgary though depends on the prices by the weekend they be getting more expensive all the time :/ if not one of USA routes though there a pain with the paperwork but sure as long get there in one piece all good.

Yeah thats the only down side :( US customs are a nightmare but as ya said once ya make it there ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 davybrown

me and my gf are heading dublin-london-vancouver. flights worked out cheap enough. was expecting to pay more. looking to head on to toronto after about a year of living in vancouver.

davybrown wrote: »
    me and my gf are heading dublin-london-vancouver. flights worked out cheap enough. was expecting to pay more. looking to head on to toronto after about a year of living in vancouver.

Yeah thats a much better route than the one for calgary! Im hoping to do the same only gonna stay in calgary for a bout 6months then hoping to head to toronto :D

Your gonna leave Calgary for Toronto hmmm:o

Calgary22 wrote: »
    Your gonna leave Calgary for Toronto hmmm:o

Yeah thats the plan anyway but ill see how things go when i get there! Only reason for going to toronto is that i have a few mates there :D

Mate calgarys construction capital of canada once ya taste the green and over time i can imagine ya leaving:D ****in hell flights start of july 700:o

Mate calgarys construction capital of canada once ya taste the green and over time i can imagine ya leaving:D ****in hell flights start of july 700:o

Hahha yeah i no that :) but sure ya never no ill prop love calgary and stay there for good ha only time will tell :) 700 f**k thats getting pricey :( were did ya get that quote?

skyscanner mate it searchs through a few diffo airlines. and thats the cheapest for july flying on the 5th 702 it varys for the rest but must is 742:o when i looked in march it was only only 350 lol:D

skyscanner mate it searchs through a few diffo airlines. and thats the cheapest for july flying on the 5th 702 it varys for the rest but must is 742:o when i looked in march it was only only 350 lol:D

Thats a big difference :( ill have to start paying for mine as soon as so!

Yea man for sure i cant wait hope to go early july:D

Yea man for sure i cant wait hope to go early july:D

Im gonna head for the last week in august it gives me a bit more time to get a few extra bob and hand in me notice in work i think ill have to give them three weeks notice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sir brutus

heading to toronto all on me own in 3 weeks, left it late to book the ticket so had to fork out 500, what kind of travel insurance ye goin for?? usit want 350 for 2years!! seems kinda steep to me, and 35 for a sim card.. mite b better get it over there???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

a sim card costs a tenner...tell usit to shove it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Looks like it'l be January before I am heading out. Course I am on now don't finish til October and then I need to get myself sorted. Still not sure if I'll be heading to Calgary or Toronto yet. Looking to work in IT mainly, hoping to get a job in that asap but obvs I'll take a paying job in anything to get my feet under me

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Im heading to Edmonton on the 16th of July 530 it cost me , one way ticket outta this hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

Im heading to Edmonton on the 16th of July 530 it cost me , one way ticket outta this hole.

Who/who did you book this through?
    We will be going to either Edmonton or Saskatoon, though Saskatoon seems to be far more expensive to fly into despite being marginally closer to the East coast, & thus a shorter trip.
    We will go early July but prices I've seen are a good bit higher - maybe it's just about the specific dates to travel?

Advertisement