Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever been left anything in a will?

• 28-04-2013 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

I have never been left so much as a bag of crisps but I do wonder is there people out there who have been left stuff? What was it? Did it benefit your life or did you think such a load of old tosh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

You just get sounder and sounder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

Is that sarcasm or admiration hard to tell on here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Jack Lumber

No.

So, what you have for supper?

Is that sarcasm or admiration hard to tell on here?

Sadmiration

So, what you have for supper?

chicken pie with coleslaw tomatoes and mayo... lol can you tell I'm sooo bored hence all the threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

fish and chips tis all, they were quite tasty indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

chicken pie with coleslaw tomatoes and mayo... lol can you tell I'm sooo bored hence all the threads

Well if it's intellectual stimulation you want you've came to the right place.

Sadmiration

I did think so ... I aim to please

Lunch sounds nice!

I can see you being TeddyTedson II

I have no idea who Teddy Tedson the first or second was or is but I'm sure you and he were best buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

I was left a wig

I was left a wig

Did you need it? Did it fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mannyfusco

I was left a house from a great aunt, ended up having to sell my own house to pay the tax on the house that i got from my aunt, the house was so old that i could not sell it or move into it

it turned into a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I have never been left so much as a bag of crisps

It would be a better thread if someone did leave you a bag of crisps in their will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was left a wig

Was it a merkin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Enough to buy my tea anyway.

Wouldn't that be class...bag of Wooster sauce nom nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

A few old world war 1 service medals from my grandfather. Worth nothing cash wise.
    If I drop dead tomorrow, a cousin of mine will be getting about half a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

A few old world war 1 service medals from my grandfather. Worth nothing cash wise.
    If I drop dead tomorrow, a cousin of mine will be getting about half a million.
    Paddy power will let people bet on anything these days. He should have gone each way on tomorrow and the day after. Would have doubled his chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

My cousins boyfriend of 10 years was dying of cancer, but he always wanted to learn the banjo. So I helped him get a 5 string as we'd always talk about music, instruments among other things. When he died I learned he left the banjo to me, which I thought was quite nice, but never have I felt more obliged to learn to play something! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I was left 6 grand, i gave a grand to my ma and put the other 5 in my irish account incase i ever get stuck and have to move back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Nah, but I've insured myself for quite a bit, if I die a few of the boys shall be going to vegas on my expense, and the family and gf get the other portion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

A tall painting of my foreboding mother frowning at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

mannyfusco wrote: »
    I was left a house from a great aunt, ended up having to sell my own house to pay the tax on the house that i got from my aunt, the house was so old that i could not sell it or move into it

it turned into a nightmare
    Could you not refuse to accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A house. Well, a share in a house, which is currently up for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

A few brooches and some tatty jewelery but nothing really worth anything. Still, they have sentimental value so I guess there's always that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

IceFjoem died a few months back, all he left me was this stupid boards account, cnut...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

About 15 years back myself and some friends made an agreement between us where when any of us would die, once their immediate family were provided for, the rest of their wealth would be divided amongst the group, and the money would be used to help others.

I have been able to help many people over the years, but that has also meant I've lost some good friends, and when I die, my wealth will again be distributed among the group once my immediate family are catered for.

I was left a considerable sum by my father when he died about eight years ago, but I turned it down on principle- we never saw eye to eye from the time I was a child, and no amount of money was going to make up for that when he died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I was left a grand by my step granny 10 years ago. Went to visit my ex in Denver for 12 days with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

A mate of my brothers was left a few million by his grandmother, not sure of exactly how many million but defo more than 5. This was about 2 years ago, the chap is only 20 and not the sharpest either.

He has since set up a mobile dog grooming buisness. No joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fishfarmer

Advertisement