Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite vehicles in GTA?

• 28-04-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭

So boardsies, your favourites are?

The sentinel, Cheetah, patriot, planes/jets from SA, comet, pcj 900 bike are just some of mine.

Oh and the tank of course!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Hovercraft :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

the Sanchez was always the best in SA for ripping through the countryside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nailz wrote: »
    Hovercraft :cool:

Try spawning one of those at sea after you crashed your plane/jet. Bastard thing floats away and is uncatchable :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Sanchez was my vehicle of choice in SA, many sports cars were destroyed in Gta IV but no specific one was a favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I loved the bikes in SA. Full stamina and bike skill next to the enormous bunny hop height and there were very few situations you could not get out of. I used to tease the FIB just for fun. The fact that the tyres could not be popped and it would not explode meant that as long as CJ was alive you could keep going.

Also quite like the SA Infernous fully modded and fitted with off road wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

I loved flying around Area 69 in SA, dodging missles and shooting down the pursuing jets. The hydra was my favoured jet. The sultan rs in gta4 is fantastic car too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Faggio. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

honestly, the bmx in san andreas

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

GT Sabre/Sabre Turbo, Mafia Sentinel, Commet, Yakuza Stinger, BMX, Hydra, Banshee and Fire Truck. I'm sure there are loads more that I can mention!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My favourite had to be either the 3 series type car in GTA IV or the subaru impreza type! Seriously fast and fun to drive. Always loved the Range Rover Sport type vehicle!

Plus the Arab's gold rolls was awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,319 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nice to see the Comet get mentioned a few times. Hugely underrated car from what I can remember talking to friends and cousins. I thought it was great. Was a quick little yoke with great handling. Great for missions. Used to try and go past the golf club to find one if I was on my way to a mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Yeah, Comet is a cracking car.

That plus the PCJ600 (VC) and the NRG500 (SA) were my favourites.

As much as I like the Comet, I hardly see in GTA 4! The Hunter helicopter was a laugh too in VC.

I thought the Kuruma, the first car you drive in GTA 3 was a decent run around too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Monster Truck in SA was great fun. Another vote for the comet here aswell, love that car. Really like the buffalo also especially the FIB one in IV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Sabre Turbo, Vice City's Stinger, Diablo Stallion, Mafia Sentinel, GTA3's FBI car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

VCPD Cheetah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

The Buffalo in IV is fantastic.

I was always fond of the Merit too! A dull choice I know, but it handled nicely (which was more important in IV with all the little streets and few open areas) and was fairly speedy for a non-sports car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Blista Compact:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭circadian

The Futo is great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,911 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Beast GTS in the original GTA's because it was basically a Dodge Viper

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCviVxvV-mUXxU-0e2CJmjhqLSUwkHRx13Eil-rSKMbHlLRJPj

This turned into the Banshee in 3

Banshee-GTA3-front.jpg

and in GTA 4

1000px-Banshee-GTA4-front.jpg

And I have a feeling it will continue to be my go-to car in GTA 5 as well

• Advertisement

FIB Buffalo (GTA4)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Beast GTS in the original GTA's because it was basically a Dodge Viper

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCviVxvV-mUXxU-0e2CJmjhqLSUwkHRx13Eil-rSKMbHlLRJPj
    Hell yes to that! I was actually playing GTA there on Monday night for the craic of it and I remembered how much I loved stealing them from when I was little. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,911 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nailz wrote: »
    Hell yes to that! I was actually playing GTA there on Monday night for the craic of it and I remembered how much I loved stealing them from when I was little. :pac:

They were a ba$tard to control though!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    They were a ba$tard to control though!
    Aw definitely, you'd only be driving it for about a minute before you'd have to ditch it out of fear of it blowing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Mc Love wrote: »
    FIB Buffalo (GTA4)

Was a okay car, would be much better if it was the version from TBOGT. Would also be better if there was regular police unmarked cars as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Futo and Blista compact were 2 ordinary looking cars that were nimble as fùck and had decent speed, always enjoyed driving them, Sultan RS is by a mile the best car from any gta game though

In San Andreas I used to love getting a tow truck and towing cars away with people still in them and driving off cliffs. Kinda screwed up now that I think of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

In San Andreas I loved the Banshee and in GTA 4 my favourite was the Comet and the Infernus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I agree, Sultan RS and the boxy equivalent in SA. Marvellous.

• Advertisement

Monster Truck was always great fun in San Andreas. Trucks and trailers were enjoyable too (for completely different purposes).

In IV I enjoyed the Sultan RS for skidding about in. My 'go to' car from III onwards always seemed to be the Sentinel though (I think the Mafia one from III was great).

Sentinel_IV.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The Buffalo in SA was great but it rolled too easily. BF Injection was unreal fun too. The Jumbo Jet was a good gimmick but even though the Hydra Jet had all the bells and whistles the Shamal exudes coolness in flight form.

The Club in San Andreas would probably be my favourite though, rare enough and a fun little hatchback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

In SA, the Shamal was awesome. I could land that baby almost anywhere flat without killing myself. Was ****e with the other planes though.

I found the Infernus a bitch to handle for some reason. The Bullet was fantastic, but very difficult to find. Also loved the SA PCJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

In SA, the Shamal was awesome. I could land that baby almost anywhere flat without killing myself. Was ****e with the other planes though.

I found the Infernus a bitch to handle for some reason. The Bullet was fantastic, but very difficult to find. Also loved the SA PCJ
    You get the bullet outside the driving school for getting all silver medals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The semi-truck in gta for the country radio station.

Just love the schafter in TBOGT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

The skimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭weemcd

SabreTurbo-GTAVC-front.jpg

Still remember the cheat, right L2 down L2 L2 X R1 L1 Circle Left

Advertisement