Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rails Girls is back in Galway!

Options
  • 28-04-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hey again,

Ok so last time around a lot of us (practically all of us!) weren't so lucky to attend the Rails Girls event in Dublin, BUT on May 17th - 18th their back in GALWAY!

Be sure to sign up here http://railsgirls.com/galway

Hopefully this time we'll be a little luckier in getting selected!

Rachel_Ann

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Is this just for Ladies....?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

from the railsgirls website linked to in the OP.
    Can men attend? Yes, but you need to be accompanied by an interested lady. Also, girls are given a priority.

The whole railsgirls movement is to encourage women who would like to program but afraid of the whole 'brogramming' bull**** that taints a bad image on our industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There is also another coding workshop aimed at women (Coding Grace, using Python) on the week before that in Dublin, but it is completely booked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lennyd

Has anyone heard yet if they have been accepted/rejected? It's getting close to the date and I haven't heard either way.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Hey lennyd,

This is the email I got when I applied:

"Your application has been recorded.
    Unfortunately the number of attendees for the Rails Girls Galway workshop is limited. We will let you know on the 6th of May whether your request has been accepted or not.

Thank you so much and looking forward to meet you! ;)"

So the 6th came and went with no reply... It was a Bank Holiday so I figured it might be the 7th instead, but no email came! I'm waiting & hoping to get an answer by the end of the week because I kinda need to book those days off work to attend :S

Heres hoping!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 lennyd

Hi Rachel_Ann, thanks for getting back to me. Am in the same boat as regards work. Just saw on their twitter, that they will let applicants know on Saturday. So were still in with a chance.

Fingers crossed!:-)

Advertisement