Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here we go again!

• 28-04-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Following on from my couch to New York marathon log in 2012 I wanted to start a new one for 2013.

I'm signed up for NY 2013 and ready to get stuck into the training.

Did a nice 2 miles this morning to start me off. Treated myself to a lovely new garmin 610, finally some GPS action for me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ellie_sun

Have been doing short runs

Thurs: 3.13 miles
    Thurs: 3.6 miles
    Sat: 2.36 miles
    Mon: 3.02 miles
    Wed: 4.10 miles

Going to sign up for the 6 mile mini marathon in Clare next weekend, would normally aim for 60 minutes but am sitting on 11 -12 minute miles. Am hopeful this is because I've been running on sand and I'll drop back to 10 on the road. Maybe!

Signed up for the 6 miles in Clare next Saturday. Excited for my first race of the year and a little trip down the country! Can't figure out if its 6 miles or a 10k but it doesn't really matter much either way.

Did a quick mile today, 9:34 on the road, have definitely slowed down a good bit since last year. Payback for 3 months eating like a champion while I was traveling. Maybe the $1 beers are also playing their part

Was getting my race times together from 2012, aiming to beat them all this year:

Central Park 4 miles: Aug 2012 41:29
    Queens 10k: June 2012 1:12
    Bronx 10 mile: Sept 2012 1:46
    Staten Island Half: Oct 2012 2:21

I decided to combine a trip down west with the 6 mile mini marathon on Saturday. It was my first Irish race and I loved it. The people, scenery and set up were great, really enjoyed it.

The 6 miles were all on the road, first couple were with the full and half runners, next 4 were just the 6 milers. I ran all of it bar a water stop at mile 4 for about 20 seconds and I fixed my hair at 5.5 miles (what can I say, my mum was out with the camera at the finish line and I wanted to look the part!).

Finished in 67 minutes, very slow, even for me but was pleased all the same. Got a lovely t-shirt, medal and certificate at the finish line and had a really lovely day. My husband was running the half and finished in 1:55, bit to go before I catch up with him!

Advertisement