Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which TV would you choose ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You can't tell the difference between a 600 hertz plasma and a 100 hertz LED unless you have input source playing a solid 51+fps progressive.

The very recent trend of 48fps movies in the cinema might put things into perspective as to how far along that tech path the movie industry has progressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

to follow that up, this particular video that they had in the store was the only media that i noticed a difference on., I dont know what its fps was but there was a noticeable difference, they was no difference on the HD satellite signal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Stoner wrote: »
    OP i was faced with this about 18 months ago, I bought the 50" plasma, I went to belfast and looked at the units there was an LG LED 100 Hz vs the 50 inch Plasma, 1080 P, 600HZ sub field, they showed me a HD video of pyramids etc and I thought there was a tiny stutter on the 100Hz that was not noticeable on the plasma.

soon after I bought a 47" LG for my brother in law. There is little difference in the picture quality (this is a 200Hz LED unit) the 47" LED has passive 3D tech not active like mine so I got it as he has a bundle of kids and the glasses are cheap compared to the 70 pound a pair active ones like mine. I actually prefer the 3d on his TV.

Power consumption was not an issue really only units was 108 Watt compare to 130 Watts and it was a bigger screen, the old plasma I had was like an electric heater but the gap has closed up considerably with respect to power consumption with LED winning but not by the distances of old. It's not a huge factor anynmore

I'm told the 600hz subfiled it closer to a 400 Hz LED i dont know if this is the case , but i 100% saw a noticeable improvement in the smoothness of the picture on the 600Hz plasma vs the 100 and 150 Hz LED TVs, have not noticed it on he 200Hz one thoiugh

mmmm, thanks Stoner.
    What do you think would be the best TV for basic standard definition viewing ? i.e. Which are better at down scaling ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

mmmm, thanks Stoner.
    What do you think would be the best TV for basic standard definition viewing ? i.e. Which are better at down scaling ?

Atozinc, I think you are over analyzing the situation just do it as the ad says.. buy a telly that looks good to your eye, broadcast tv is never as good as demo bluray in shop. Even hd much of it is upscaled, otherwise you will be an old man still mulling over the decision !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

mmmm, thanks Stoner.

I have not tired many SD signals sorry, I've seen HD free sat on both and its good. Everything I watch is either upscaled via my AV amp or is HD

• Advertisement
Advertisement