Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mums - what to wear for your babys christening?

Options
  • 28-04-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi there
    my little one is being baptised next week and we are then having lunch with family and friends. what type of outift am i supposed to wear? is it usually pretty formal? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I always just wore a little dress of some description normally something jersey and stretchy as I always christened mine by 12 weeks so was still carrying weight. Just be careful with the shoes because if your anything like me and got used to flats during pregnancy a 4 inch pair of heels are not a good idea on slippy church floors carrying a baby !!!!

Pick something your comfortable in most importantly that you can pull over your head and your ready. A little tea dress or something would be perfect at this time of year and you will get use out of it again over Summer.

Enjoy your special day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Guest1111

I had a lovely white dress to the knee and a blue jacket. I wanted to look really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Jessica-Rabbit

I would suggest something dressy but something you feel comfortable wearing, My fiance and I had our daughter baptized 3 months old and I wore a beautiful cream above the knee shift dress and killer heels but they were super comfortable I was dancing in way into the early hours in them without a bother lol, it depends on the day that you have planned aswell ie, an early lunch and then home or lunch and the some drinks in a hotel which can last all night,
    It will depend on your figure also, I'm sure you look amazing btw but if you feel yourself you have a bit of baby weight left you might not want something to figure hugging, for me I was one of the lucky ones I lost all the baby weight before leaving hospital my stomach was completely flat but in fairness there was'nt much to lose I weight to lose my bump was barely visible during the pregnancy,whatever you decided to wear I hope you and your beautiful baby have a wonderful day :) xxxx:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I wore a lovely dress - black & gold, but wasn't aware that it was quite short when I sat down. We were on the front row, with nothing in front of us, so a lot of pics are of us sitting down & my pants are pretty much on show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

What would you normally wear to church?

• Advertisement
Advertisement