Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handbag stolen in superquinn

Options
  • 28-04-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi Folk

Unfortunately was subject to having a handbag stolen in superquinn this evening, luckily there was no money in it but if anyone finds bag, keys or id documents lying around the area, I would be much obliged if it could be handed in to blanch garda station

Cheers

Annfield

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

it should be on video did you call the guards

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

yes its been reported to the guards, wasn't allowed to view video in superquinn

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Sorry to hear that OP, unfortunately the very same thing happened to my grandmother in Superquinn in Blanchardstown over a year ago. She had cash, driving licence, passport, some keys all in the bag.

As far as I recall, the footage from Superquinn cameras was of very bad quality but the Gardai got better images from one of the other businesses of the person leaving with her bag. Unfortunately they never caught anyone for it. Hope you have better luck or they have at least upgraded their security system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

miamee wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that OP, unfortunately the very same thing happened to my grandmother in Superquinn in Blanchardstown over a year ago. She had cash, driving licence, passport, some keys all in the bag.

As far as I recall, the footage from Superquinn cameras was of very bad quality but the Gardai got better images from one of the other businesses of the person leaving with her bag. Unfortunately they never caught anyone for it. Hope you have better luck or they have at least upgraded their security system.

I worked in security years ago....those little hooks on the trolleys designed for holding your handbag are the worst invention ever....the is always someone lurking waiting to steal your handbag :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

I worked in security years ago....those little hooks on the trolleys designed for holding your handbag are the worst invention ever....the is always someone lurking waiting to steal your handbag :mad:

It never in my life occured to me that someone might think of hanging their handbag onto those hooks :eek: I always thought they were for the (empty) shopping bags you bring with you to the store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

That hook under the hanlde bar? I think they are for running a chain through when the trollies are being locked up after closing hours.

Advertisement