Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nail biting: Do you do it? Does it annoy you?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I bite my nails and I hate it. My fingers don't bleed often, but it's so unsightly and can hurt a bit when you bite too far without realizing. I stopped for about a week, got stressed and didn't even realize I'd done it til I went to see if they were getting any longer! :( I'll stop one of these days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I do and it's a bad habit
    I don't do it. I don't judge people who do it. But I absolutely hate it. It's the sound that annoys me the most. I'll often have to walk away if there someone near biting their nails, but it's not because I'm judging them and think they should stop. The sound of it just drives me nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I don't
    Always do it when im nervous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I do, and I hate it. I used to have beautiful long nails until I went into 6th year.

Now I have horrible little stubs. I spend a fortune every month on acrylic and gel nails.

I can't help it, I sometimes bite them till they bleed. Its gross.

That said I don't give two fúcks if anyone else does it, and I don't find it repulsive when other people do it either. I do, however, think stubby, bitten nails don't look very pretty, especially on a woman.

Edited to Add: I tired that varnish, it didn't put me off, I just bit through it. Sick.

I used to but don't anymore
    To the poster who mentioned a nail file because their nails are sharp, just scratch your legs through your jeans for a few minutes.. Basically as good as a nail file.

And very handy if you need to sort your nails out in a hurry. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

For those looking to stop: I found normal nail polish a much better deterrent than the nasty stuff. Getting bits of polish caught in your mouth and teeth does help to turn you off it. It also helps encourage you to get them looking nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement