Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM only PAYG or Month to Momth contratct

Options
  • 28-04-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi everyone,

My niece is coming to live in Ireland for 4 month and she is looking for best PAYG or Month to Month SIM only contract (with some Data included). She will be based in Dublin so carrier signal should not be an issue. Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Malvec:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How much calls, texts and data does she need?

Is her phone unlocked already and is it 3g compatible?

Moved to mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 40 malvec

hi Davy,

thanks for the reply. she will be looking at using viber a lot while she id here, however she will have wifi where she will be staying in the evenings. my guess is middle of the road/basic Irish texts and calls but decentish data (her budget wont be too great) for using viber and WhatsApp. Her phone is 3g compatable and is unlocked.

thanks again

malvec

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Viber uses a lot of Data

Have you got Eircom in your gaff? If so they have a plan called 'Select Unlimited', it's a 30 day sim only contract, unlimted calls, texts and 15gb data for 32 euro a month

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsCallTextBrowse/?gid=48

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

malvec wrote: »
    my guess is middle of the road/basic Irish texts and calls but decentish data (her budget wont be too great) for using viber and WhatsApp. Her phone is 3g compatable and is unlocked.

Three might be a good option for unlimited data for €20 topup payg. Then can use the €20 credit towards calls, and then after 30 days buy a 500mb addon for €4.99 out of the €20 credit if she has some left.

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

scudzilla wrote: »
    Viber uses a lot of Data

Have you got Eircom in your gaff? If so they have a plan called 'Select Unlimited', it's a 30 day sim only contract, unlimted calls, texts and 15gb data for 32 euro a month

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsCallTextBrowse/?gid=48

you dont need to have eircom. I got two of them and I am UPC !

This is what I have. Unlimited irish landland/mobile/texts and 15 gig data. Its buried on the site but its a 30 day contract and is 32 euro per month. Its to the left of the big BUY NOW button under non-eircom customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 malvec

thank you all for your info, very much appreciated. I have forwarded on yer great info and leave it in her hands.

malvec

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

Looking for a sim only cheap deal do not need 3G just calls and a few texts.Was looking at 48 but it has more than I really need and I think the montly mins dont roll over

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

50 to 100 max { I have had both in the past and stayed in the allowance} to mobiles as I have a landline with free UK/Ireland calls

Advertisement