Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chrome iOS

• 28-04-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's a RAM problem. Safari does this as well. Try not to have too many tabs open and avoid big bloated websites. Quitting recently opened apps will help as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

It's a RAM problem.

One of the side effects of not using Virtual Ram (Pagefile).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's better off without it. It improves device performance and forces developers to optimise their apps. Since iOS doesn't do "true" multitasking it's not really necessary anyway.

Although the constantly reloading tabs did drive me crazy on the iPad 1 and was the main reason I upgraded. Afaik the iPad 2 has the same RAM as the Mini and I don't find it nearly as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Happens on my iPad 3 all the time as well including if all background apps are closed.

Made my switch back to Safari where it never ever happens,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 UmmCadburys

I have a 4s and when I have 3/4 apps going in the background I notice safari always refreshing when I return to it - really annoying .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mdwexford wrote: »
    Happens on my iPad 3 all the time as well including if all background apps are closed.

Made my switch back to Safari where it never ever happens,

I am very close to switching back to safari on my iPad 3 too, Chrome crashes once a day, at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

kceire wrote: »
    I am very close to switching back to safari on my iPad 3 too, Chrome crashes once a day, at least!

I thought Chrome for iOS is basically a skin for Safari, shouldn't really crash any more than it unless google stuffed something up.

Then again i find Chrome on my Mac & PC very unstable these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nope, chrome is running a UIWebView which are crippled performance wise when compared to mobile safari (they don't have the same javascript optimisation etc).

steve jobs solution to the problem - run less tabs?

is iCloud tabs not a solution here also if it's only the syncing tabs feature you require?

• Advertisement

Advertisement