Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft.ie, estate agents not using it anymore?

Options
  • 28-04-2013 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Just on Daft.ie and I know there are several properties in my area and another that are for sale, wanted to check them out of Daft but there are only one or two there. Checked the estate agents websites and they are there.

Have estate agents stopped using daft?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

January wrote: »
    Just on Daft.ie and I know there are several properties in my area and another that are for sale, wanted to check them out of Daft but there are only one or two there. Checked the estate agents websites and they are there.

Have estate agents stopped using daft?

Check myhome?
    There was a thread about this yesterday or the day before.
    Myhome.ie is more popular in dublin so if its in dublin it's probably there.
    I hate using daft. I find myhome much more user friendly and I can open links on the touch site from it.

I'd say price may also have an issue with it. If myhome is cheaper than daft then most will go to myhome.
    As well as that, daft in dublin is used a lot for rentals.
    Myhome is more for selling I find. And their map with properties nearby is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The estate agents used to own MyHome until they sold it to the Irish Times, so they have a certain affinity to it.

However, it should only be a matter of copying information from one to the other and paying the advertising fee. Ultimately, the seller pays the advertising fee, not the agent, as pretty much every agent excludes advertising costs from their fees. So it may be that sellers are reducing the amount of advertising they are doing.

I'm not certain, but I suspect estate agents get a discount for bulk purchasing advertising.

Advertisement