Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathon - Hydration Station Question

Options
  • 28-04-2013 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

This should be a quick question to answer, I'm doing my first marathon shortly and wonder apart from water and bananas/fruit will there be anything else at the hydration stations like energy gels or jellys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

If I remember correctly there were jellys and lucozade sport or one of those energy drinks. Also, random people sometimes gave you things like sweets etc. Come to think of it, that might have been a bit risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Which marathon? Each one is different.

You'll need to check the course map and notes it will be shown on that.

It will be good to know the locations of the water stations anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Which marathon? Each one is different.

You'll need to check the course map and notes it will be shown on that.

It will be good to know the locations of the water stations anyway.

Copenhagen - it just shows a picture of a banana and orange. I've got all the distances of the stations too.

http://www.copenhagenmarathon.dk/files/2013/04/NCM-course-map-2013_eng.pdf

If they have gels I wouldnt mind to train using their brand rather just try them on the day which I dont think I would do anyway.

Advertisement