Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Ink

• 28-04-2013 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

What age restrictions are on piercings? My daughter wants to get some done, just wondering

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Not sure the specific ages, but most places are 16+ for basic stuff and 18 for anything complex. Sometimes you can get around it with parental consent but depends on the place. What does she want done, and I may be able to give you a better idea.

Also, has she got her sights set on Dublin Ink? There are other places in town that are ... more reputable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Can I suggest that she go to Snakebite instead?

It depends on her age and what piercing she wants done, also. Like Rho said, simple things like ear piercings are usually 16, things that are more complex are 18+ in both Dublin Ink and Snakebite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Haven't heard any horror stories from Dublin Ink but the fact that their piercer got the gig purely by appearing on a reality TV show would have me a tad wary. Snakebite or Wildcat have better reputations.

I think its 16+ for ears, lips and eyebrows but 18+ for owt else

Can I suggest a bunch of other places besides Snakebite that would also be appropriate? Wildcat Ink (Jervis st. & Stephen's Green Shopping Centre), Zulu Tattoo (Strand Street) and Connected Ink (Crown Alley, Templebar) are all reputable studios as well. There was recently a thread where the best/worst piercing studios in Dublin city centre were discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Alyx

Preferably helix, rook/tragus according to her..I just dont want it to be done incorrectly or anything like that, but yes, she is 16 by the way

• Advertisement

Well, I know helix is usually fine 16, probably rook and tragus as well. With parental consent it would be fine, so worst case you may have to pop in with her. Bring ID if she can.

If price is an issue Connected Ink are quite cheap, and I can vouch for their quality. While Dublin Ink haven't got any horror stories about them, they've not got quite the same standing as some of the other studios in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Alyx

Lovely, would they be strict about ID? Really dont fancy going in with her,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Would a 16 year old even have id? I didnt :confused:

Passport? And yes, if she looks near 16 they'll ask for ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

OP, if your daughter is getting a body modification which can potentially scar her for life, especially if badly done, surely you'd make it your mission to go with her?

Or are you really 16 and want to get it done yourself?

• Advertisement
Advertisement