Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP address does not originate in Ireland (even though I am in Ireland)

Options
  • 28-04-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

Today I tried to go onto an insurance website to get a quote and i got the following message:

"Sorry the system has detected that your IP address does not originate in the UK or Ireland and so access to getting a new quote has been restricted. If you have a policy with us, you can still login to your account from abroad and make changes to your policy online."

Does anyone know why this is? I am in Ireland.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

do you (or someone with access to your comptuer) use a proxy - could be for netflix etc
    did you check what ip address you have/had? (just do a google search for "what is my ip")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Some internet companies route their signals through other countries. I seem to remember that UPC used Holland.

Who is your internet company?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Karen329

not entirely sure what a proxy is (i think its what you use to go on sites that are blocked at work etc) but i dont use one. i googled the error and clicked on a page that finds your ip and it brought up the right details (isp, area etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Karen329

Some internet companies route their signals through other countries. I seem to remember that UPC used Holland.

Who is your internet company?

UPC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Ok so. :D

To start off, maybe make a call to tech support and ask if they can help.
    Or you could ring the insurance company directly.
    Or maybe use someone elses computer.

Unless someone with a bit more tech knowledge could help ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement