Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

facebook friends

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

I can't understand how you can have hundreds of friends on there and most of them you pass on street without so much as a hey.
    Its because they are more like acquaintances. you alos look much cooler with at least 500 friends and you have to hit at least 10 likes on your status updates 20 preferably

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    I done a clear out of "friends" on FB before Xmas, decided to do it after realizing I'm Friends with people that would walk by you in the street without even a hello or a look :rolleyes: Don't use it that much and only really interested in seeing what my actual freinds are doing & uploading.

anyways long story short: was out over the xmas in one of my local pubs and this girl ( a girl that was in my year in school that I barley spoke to at all) approaches me "is there any reason why you deleted me as a Friend on fb?" I was gob smacked, all I could reply with was "ah I must of done it by accident" :o Tbh I didn't even know the girls name until one of friends with me reminded me.

I'm assuming the girl woke the next day with the fear and regret or more or less telling me that she checked up FB from time to time even though we don't talk :rolleyes:

Moral of the story is, even when you don't talk to the people you are Friends with on FB they will still stalk you. Beware :p

I had planned on doing a similar clear out but instead of unfriending them i just changed the settings on people i dont care about so i cant see them in my newsfeed. Basically you dont have to look at their crap while also not offending the more delicate ones by not properly unfriending them. You can also change the settings for your own updates so only selected friends can see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

I don't add people on Facebook as a rule... Unless I need to contact them and it's the only way, which is rare. At the same time I don't mind adding people who request me, provided their in my circle of acquaintances and it's not someone I haven't talked to since school or something.

Too much emphasis is put on how many friends you have on Facebook. Which is also why I keep my friends hidden from view. I can't help but look at people with 1000 friends and wonder why.... Because a lot of that 1000 have to be basically strangers.

I've also found that the more popular people I know don't really use Facebook that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

I've also found that the more popular people I know don't really use Facebook that much

that'll be me then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Your 7 year old son has a fb account? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

How do you know how popular someone is if you don't know how many Facebook friends they've got? :confused:

Ridiculous things to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

How do you know how popular someone is if you don't know how many Facebook friends they've got? :confused:

Ridiculous things to say.

Is that aimed at my post?

I mean people I would know to be popular and outgoing in real life, they tend to not use Facebook as much. But sure that could just be a coincidence among my mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

I dont use Facebook ..... now does that make me a hipster, uncool, cool, ironic, moronic etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

RayCon wrote: »
    I dont use Facebook ..... now does that make me a hipster, uncool, cool, ironic, moronic etc ...
    uncool mainly...hopefully this facebook era will end soon just like bebo died away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

Your 7 year old son has a fb account?

if that is for me my children are all teenagers

Advertisement