Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craving a fry-up. No oil...What else can I use?

Options
  • 29-04-2013 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

Without wrecking the fry or the pan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

A grill. Your arteries will thank me, cause your alternative is butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Noooo butter only makes me boke up. Grill it is, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Good luck grilling the eggs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭granturismo

kylith wrote: »
    Good luck grilling the eggs!

Poach them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

If the grill pan is clean use the grease that comes off the sossies and rashers to fry them. Or scramble them with butter.

BTW, it's just a "fry"; "fry-up" is from Eastenders or Coronation St.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Cook the rashers first, on a lowish heat, the fat will render out of the rinds, when there's enough fat in the pan take off the rashers, stick in the sausages, more fat will render out of them, you can then use this extra fat to cook the eggs in (what else are you having?) cook everything else before the eggs, but use low heat and try not to use anything that will soak up the fat, like tomatoes, mushrooms or bread.

you could use a dry pan to cook mushrooms on, they will release a little water which they'll cook in - or even a small pot would do.

Once the egg is "almost" done, throw everything else back on the pan to heat through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mushrooms are really nice cooked in a tiny amount of chicken or vegetable stock - just enough to wet the bottom of the pan. You could do tomatoes that way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Thanks everyone, I managed! :) I skipped the egg. Lorne Sausage, tattie scones, bacon & beans. Gorgeous, it was!
    mathepac wrote: »
    If the grill pan is clean use the grease that comes off the sossies and rashers to fry them. Or scramble them with butter.

BTW, it's just a "fry"; "fry-up" is from Eastenders or Coronation St.

I'm from Scotland....so it's "Fry-up" where I come from. :)

Advertisement