Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lime Tree Flowers

Options
  • 29-04-2013 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I want to know at what age do Lime trees (Tilia species) produce flowers/seeds? I have a few fine specimens at home about 2 meters in height, I was just wondering would they be producing flowers and seeds in the near future?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I want to know at what age do Lime trees (Tilia species) produce flowers/seeds? I have a few fine specimens at home about 2 meters in height, I was just wondering would they be producing flowers and seeds in the near future?

Which Tilia do you have?
    Tilia seeds are notoriously difficult to germinate and have very specific and long dormancy issues that you will have to read up on.
    As to the production of flowers and seeds, I would have thought that they would be mature enough once they are 10 years old or so, but do not have specific information to refer you to.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bigfellalixnaw

The tilia species I have is the Common Lime.

Advertisement