Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heriot-Watt University - MSc Energy by Distance Learning

Options
  • 29-04-2013 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,

I'm considering enrolling in MSc Energy by Distance Learning at Heriot Watt University. I would be interested in hearing from any current students, or course Alumni, about their experience and opinions on the course.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Hey,

I'm considering enrolling in MSc Energy by Distance Learning at Heriot Watt University. I would be interested in hearing from any current students, or course Alumni, about their experience and opinions on the course.

Many thanks

What you did study for your undergraduate degree?

It might be useful to determine what MSc course to undertake by looking at what courses are IET accredited it will make you life easier should you decide to become a chartered engineer.

Regards the MSc you specified it does not appear to be accredited. Also from my experience if you are doing a MSc in the renewable area it would be better to do one that has more of an emphasis on the technical aspect as opposed to "soft" modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cryleprince

I'm already a Chartered Engineer with IMechE - I'm looking to study the techno-economics of Fossil and Renewable Energy, with one eye on getting a postion with a Project Developer in the Oil and Gas/Utiliities industry .
    A MBA is obviously uselful as well, however this course is seems to be easliy accessible online, with a module only approach - I would prefer not to be obliged to complete a thesis.

In my honest opinion, a traditional mechanical/electrical/civil engineering degree is more than adequate for understanding renewable energy - I work in Thermal Power and renewables are much less complex to engineer and develop - it's the economics of fossil fuels which are more relevant , and how goverment policy allows renewables to become a viable business in each area of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

I'm also interested in this course. Anyone have any experience of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MIDLANDSMAN

Hi.
    For your information, I have just completed the last exam for this course a few days ago so I can try to answer any questions that you may have about the course.

I chose this option for a MSc as I too wanted to avoid the trouble of doing a thesis. With this course you need to get 180 credits from doing modules in order to get a masters, 120 for a postgraduate diploma and 60 for a postgraduate cert. This equates to 12, 8 and 4 modules respectively, so if you get fed up of it you can leave with a cert or diploma.

You can still opt to do either a major or minor thesis and drop some modules although most people who study distance seem to avoid the thesis part. Each module is 15 credits. You have an option to study up to 3 modules from their MBA course and these are 20 credits each so with 3 MBA modules, you will only need 11 modules. Again, you don't have to choose an MBA module if you don't want to.

There is a fairly good choice of modules to chose from but there are 2 or 3 modules which are campus based and not available via distance study.

All the notes, assignments, etc are delivered online and some are sent out in hardcopy as well. You work through the notes and submit assignmnets as required. If you have questions, you can phone or email the lecturer and I found them to be prompt in replying to any questions. For some modules, I had no need to contact the lecturer and just got the notes and sat the exam.

Most modules have some sort of assignemnt or questions to complete and these count for anything from 30% to 50% of the module marks. Exams are either 2 or 3 hours and for me I had to sit them in Dublin city or DCU. The exams are around the start of December for that semester and late April / early May for the spring semester.

I have seen notes for another renewable energy masters course that a friend is studying and I found that HW seemed to cover more and in more detail in similar modules.

the work load can vary from module to module and they are spread across several schools such as School of Built Environment, School of Physics, Finance School and School of Oil and Gas. I was working and studying at the same time so I think 2 modules per semester is about as much as I could handle. Full time students will be doing 3 per semester! Overall, there can be a lot to cover in some modules while others have much less but it didn't take up to much time although I was able to squeeze in some of the assignments during my work time.

Hope this helps, and if you have any specific questions, I try to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Needen

Hi

I came across this thread as I'm also looking at the MSc in Energy by DL at Herriot-Watt. I work in earth science research, but am thinking of moving into environmental and energy management with a consultancy. My experience is very much science based and I thought having a grasp of the economic and business side would expand my CV and improve my chances of getting a job, similar to Cryleprince.

I'd be interested to hear how those who did the course think it helped them or not. Midlandsman can I ask which courses you took and did you take any of the business courses?

Any advice on whether this is a good move to make would be really appreciated, it's quite a bit of money to shell out and I don't want it to be in vain.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi. As i mentioned earlier, I did 12 modules and the first and last are mandatory modules which are Foundations of Energy and the last was Business Strategy / Technology Futures.

You also have the option as a distance student of doing 6 modules + a major thesis or 9 modules + a minor thesis. Most distance students seem to opt for doing 12 modules and just sit the exams.

The remaining 10 modules which I did were:
    Economics for renewable energy
    Building Energy Managment
    Renewable Energy Systems
    Environmental Impact Assessment
    High Voltage Engineering
    Oil and gas technology
    Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
    Electrical Power Systems
    Demand Management and Energy Storage
    Finance

I'm finished the course now and will graduate in a few weeks. As far as my career is concerned, I have no wish to change my current job right now so having the masters is no benefit as I'm not going to use it to advance. I do feel that if my job ceases to exist or if I want to change, it should be a benefit to me. That is the reason that I started the masters 4 years ago. I was expecting my job to be at risk and wanted to have a further qualification (I work in the energy industry) for knowledge and cv purposes.

There are many modules that you can choose from and I selected from a wide range from high voltage to HVAC to Oil and Gas just to get as much coverage as possible of different areas.

To answer your specific question, I took 2 business modules; Economics for renewable energy which was a fairly easy module and Finance. The Finance module was from the MBA course and as part of this masters you can do up to 3 out of a selection of 6 modules from the MBA course. These 6 included Finance, Accounting, Economics, Organisation Behaviour and Marketing, (sorry can't remeber the 6th).

This is where it gets complicated, normal modules are 15 credits and you need 180 credits for a masters = 12 modules. The MBA modules are 20 credits so if you opt for 3 MBA modules, you will get 60 credits and hence only need 11 modules in total for the MSc. I choose to study just 1 MBA module and I can see why they were 20 credits and not 15! It was doable but it was easily one of the hardest modules of the 12 that I did.

Also, the MBA modules are done through the business school and if you have 3 MBA modules, you are eligible for a Cert in Business Admin, 6 modules for a Diploma in Business Adin, and 9 for the MBA. So you can benefit on the double by doing business modules however they are more expensive.

Another option is that you can sign up for a Postgrad cert in Energy which is 60 credits (4 modules), then do a Postgrad Diploma (120 credits) and a Msc (180) modules, so that you don't have to commit everything at the start.

Another option is start the Msc but if you find it too much you can leave with just the cert. I picked the modules at the start of each acadmic year and paid for what I picked. Sometimes, I defered a module until the following year a the work load was too much. Overall, HW seems to be flexible but you should reconfirm these details with them in case they changed their policies.

Hope this is of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BangOn

Hi to everyone on this thread.

I am also thinking of taking up this course. I have been working in the wind industry for the last 5 years, in a relatively narrow technical field, and I'd like to expand knowledge towards more broad studies of different energy industries and also business subjects. I already hold an MSc so I would probably only take this to Cert or Diploma level. I'm living in Germany, without speaking great Deutsch so I'm limited to Distance Learning.

My question to those thinking about starting, did you join the course and what swung it for you?

To Midlandsman, your posts are really helpful. Would you do the course again?

I need to contact the college but from the documentation they sent it appears that the module called Critical Analysis & Research Preparation is compulsory. It seems like a bit of a dud course if you plan on not doing any thesis. Do you know if this is the case?

Thanks in advance,

B

Hi Bangon,
    Would I do the course again? That is a difficult question to answer. I suppose the answer is yes. Soem of the modules were quiet difficult, expecially Finance (from the MBA course) and Oil+Gas, while others were a walk in the park such as Building Energy management and Economics for renewable energy but that is just my opinion, other people might feel the opposite but you cant deny the amount of stuff to cover in Oil+Gas or Finance.

There were many times throughout the 4 years that I wanted to give up but the option of leaving with a cert (after 60credits), diploma (120 credits) or a full masters made it easier as I didn't have to keep going right to the end.

To be honest, most modules didn't take up to much of my free time and working in the industrry helped and I managed to do some of my assignments at work. The Alt-Tab button on my work pc was very useful when my boss came around!!!! to hide my assignments.

I saw notes from a fellow doing another energy course and HW seemed to cover more stuff and in greater detail. Also from other contacts in the energy industry, I've found out that HW and this course is well known and well respected so it wasn't a waste of time or money.

As I mentioned in anotehr post, I'm still in the same job so unless I change employers or job, my masters will be of no use to me. That is not a fault of the masters, it is my personal decision not to get a benefit from it. I am sure that it would be useful if I was applying for a different job.

Overall, if I could turn back the clock, Yes, I would still do the same course with the same university.

As for the module; Critical Analysis and Reserach Preparation, this module was compulsary if you were doing either the minor or major thesis. For a full time student, the thesis and this module was compulsory but for a distant student, the thesis was optional and hence there was no requirement do do this module.

The thesis was worth 60 credits and I had the choice of doing the thesis (minor thesis was 30 credits) or no thesis and doing either 4 or 2 extra modules instead (each module was 15 credits). From my experience, most distant students avoided doing a thesis at all and did 4 extra modules.

Now, the above is what I had for my course so maybe the rules have changed in the last year and the thesis is mandatory for distant students? Just read the notes carefully, the module you mentioned is mandatory if you do a thesis but see if you as a distant student are required to do a thesis. Anyway, if you are doing the cert or diploma you shouldn't need to do the thesis anyway (whether mandatory or optional).

You're probably correct, this module sounds like a bit of waffle. Your first module (Foundations of energy) and the last module (Business Strategy and energy futures) are mandatory, and if want to see waffle, you need to see that last module. It wasn't difficuly, I got an 'A' but still don't know what it was supposed to be about!!!

Hope this helps. If all else fails, you could give them a call and ask about a thesis for a distant student. I found them helpful anytime, I had a query.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BangOn

Thanks again Midlandsman,
    I called a couple of times today but couldn't get hold of anyone so left an email with all the questions. As you said, I'll double check all the notes they've sent to see exactly what's the deal with the compulsory modules.
    I'm hoping to get started this month for the new semester (which starts next week) so I probably need to get it sorted sooner rather than later so I don't fall behind, unless i take that last module that you mentioned!
    You're advice has been really valuable. I think I'm going to go for it, especially now that someone who has actually completed it has given a decent recommendation for the course and the uni. The crowd I work for also have an Edinburgh office so i might be able to swing a trip there around exam time to save a few pounds!
    Cheers,
    B

Hi Bangon,
    I dealt with a woman called Lynn Hounsell who delath with the distance course in Energy. I always found her helpful. You should be able to find her number on the HW website (if you can't find it, let me know and I have it written here somewhere).

Now that you mention exams in your last post, I forgot to mention that you don't have to go to Edinburgh to do them. You can sit them here in Ireland, I did all 12 exams in Dublin. The only side is that an off-site exam costs £100 per exam!

Also, my main gripe with the course was relatively minor but still was a gripw, concerned the notes. You get all notes in e-form and some came by hardcopy. I was able to print the notes at work but the biggest issue for me was that there was a folder for a particular module, it had sub folders, these had more - subfolders with files in them, etc etc. Some files were from the previous year but there were other files from the current year. This years file had a few minor changes to last year, etc etc.

I just found it confusing to know what I had printed, what was last years notes, what I didn't need to print, etc etc. I spent ages going from one folder to another trying to organise and print the notes. Then, the lecturer would add more files throughout the semester. It was a pain at times and could have been better organised but I wouldn't let that put you off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ADKELMAC

Midlandsman

Can you tell me how much did the course cost? I'm interested in doing this course, maybe starting in September.

Thanks

Hi, I paid about £600-650 (sterling) per module and £100 for an off campus exam ( I sat my exams in Dublin). Other than that, I had no costs. I printed some online notes at work so that was a cost that I didn't have to pay.

If you decide to do a module from the MBA course, these are more expensive. I did one of these modules and as far as I can remember, it was around £950 more or less.

As from my previous posts, when I did the course as a distance student, I had an option of doing 6 modules + a project or 12 modules with no project (both options gave 180 credits). I opted to do 12 modules which pushed up the overall costs, however, I heard that distance students now have to do the project. This would mean that you have less modules to pay for, however I don't know what costs are (if any) are involved with the project.

One other thing to remember is that the course is approved by the revenue so if you are paying for it yourself you might be able to get some tax back under the 3rd level education scheme (assuming that allowance isn't changed as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Hi Midlandsman i checked your profile and it says you were last active recently so i hope you can chime in here and anybody else as well who has completed or is currently registered in this course.

I have received the information pack for the Msc and i know how everything works with regards fee's etc. For those who will see this post module costs are currently £650 + £125 off-site exam fee. There are three core modules that must be completed if doing the Msc which are Foundations of Energy, Critical Analysis and Research Preparation,Technology Future and Business Strategy and a thesis which accounts for 60 credits.You can choose 5 additional modules yourself....

My question is, is this M.Sc very maths inclined. I would consider myself very analytical and love the maths side of engineering as opposed to the long report writing side. Hope someone can chime in here with an answer.:)

Hi Paul Mc.
    I see that you're planning to do the Msc in Energy and I see things have changed slightly since I did the course. You now have to do a thesis whereas it was an option for me, hence the reason I did 12 modules and no thesis.

To answer you question, some modules have little or no maths, where as others are heavy on the maths. The first module 'Foundations of energy' was heavy enough on the maths. It was mostly deriving formulas etc and some mathematical problems/assignments. There was also some technical stuff to learn and describe in the exams, such as how a steam cycle operates etc.

I also did: Economics for renewable energy, Building Energy Management which had little or no maths but also had no long winded reports or reading, were fairly short courses and interesting.

Renewable Energy Systems: basic maths, but mostly technical theory on different energy types, had a written assignment (maybe 2500 words, but can't remember exactly)

Environmental Impact Assessment: this had no maths, was short enough and mostly theory. I had a report/assignment to do and was about 2500 words max (if I remember right)

High Voltage Engineering and Electrical Power Systems: these were mostly maths based, deriving formulas and some theory but no reports, assignments and exams consisted of calculations etc.

Oil and gas technology: this was 840 pages of typed notes, very heavy going, consisted of maths, physics, chemistry, geology and oil theory. Never again would I go through this.

Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning: some relatively basic calcualtions, assignment of about 2500 words was to design and explain a HVAC system for a new office block, some theory and some basic calculations.

Demand Management and Energy Storage: mostly technical, not much maths.

Finance: some financial theory but mostly maths (of a financial type), a lot of maths but nothing too hard

Overall, the modules included mostly technical theory, it wasn't endless reading like in a law course of something like that. You needed to understand the technical side of things.

some modules went into great detail in deriving formulas and after a few exams, I learned that I only needed to know the formulas and most questions each year were similar to previous years. For my first module, I spent ages learning to derive formulas only to not need them.

As I said, I didn't do the thesis or the module in critical analysis so I guess these would have no maths.

As for the module, Technology Futures, it was mandatory but a complete load of bull, to this day I don't know what it was about. It was short, minimal reading but had a written assignment. I can't even explain to myself what it was about and I am struggling as I write this, to even remember what was in it!!!!

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me if you have more questions.
    PS. Just remember, this information is a few years old and the modules may have changed since then

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hbarari

Hi,

I too am accepted to this program for September at the Heriot-Watt campus in Dubai and I will visit them this coming friday which is their open-house day to ask for more detail about the program, anyone who has suggested questions can let me know and I would be happy to ask them and let you know after.

Thank you MIDLANDSMAN for taking your time and answering questions about this program, I have some questions and I would appreciate it if you respond:

1 - I am employed in the field of Oil and Gas but mostly related to petrochemical industry and refinery plants (some call it surface Oil and Gas) as oppose to exploration and production of Oil. I see that you have passed a Oil and Gas Technology Module, I am wondering how related this module and the whole program was to the petrochemical or surface Oil and Gas technologies such as (Pipeline Engineering, Pressure Vessels, Process selection, HAZOP, HVAC, Instrumentation and Control, etc.)

2 - Do you think it would be better for me to pursue HW 's Oil and Gas Technology MSc instead of Energy MSc to have more Oil and Gas specific material as opposed to general information taught in Energy MSc ?

3 - I also don't see the school offering Oil and Gas Technology Module anymore instead I can see "Oil & Gas Field Appraisal" and "Oil & Gas Field Development" on their website, Are these replacement module for Oil and Gas Technology and do you know their content ?

4 - I am considering to do the program by distance learning as well since I am employed in Iran and doing it full-time would mean leaving my job for at least 8 months, but doing it full-time would mean that I would finish the program in one year as oppose to 3-4 years with having a full-time job and distance learning, or maybe doing it part-time (weekend classes only) + some courses by distance learning if possible, so I am deciding which one would be easier, any recommendations? and any opinion about possibility of combining distance and part-time ?

5 - How was the experience of studying this program and having your full-time employment, did you study every night after work for the last 3-4 years or just weekends (taking 2 module per semester for instance) ?

6 - I have been Heriot-Watt 's MBA student since last year and I have passed Organisational Behavior (Core), Economics (Core), Strategic Risk Management by now. Would I be able to transfer all of these courses as Business Module for Energy MSc. ?

Thanks a lot for your time,
    Hooman

1. As I was doing 12 modules in my course (didn’t do a minor or major project), I didn’t have too much of a choice in what modules I could pick. I chose this Oil and Gas more out of curiosity as it looked interesting. It was a long and hard module but at least it had no assignments.
    It covered:
    Geology, sedimentology, geo physics, volumetrics, size of reserves, petroleum play (traps, migration, seals ), rocks and minerals, stratigraphy, structural geology, depositional environments, HIP calculations of reserves, reservoir engineering, reservoir pressures , etc, fluid compositions, phase behaviour of hydrocarbons and gases, properties of reservoir liquids (compressibility, density, etc), properties of reservoir rocks, permeability of rocks, drive mechanisms of reserves, vapour –liquid properties, equilibrium ratios of liquids etc, PVT analysis,
    I have no experience of the Oil/Gas industry so I can’t comment on it but this module was mostly based on ‘below the ground’ theory. There is another module (think it was Oil and Gas field development) but I didn’t do this and sorry but I know nothing about that module.
    In general, the masters course wasn’t very closely related to Oil and Gas, although I did a HVAC module and a Building energy management module which may have some relevance to your job.

2. I don’t know much at all about the Oil and Gas technology MSc but if you are looking for modules related to Oil and Gas, it might be a better course to follow. The MSc in Energy covers a lot of renewables, energy storage, electrical, etc and there were only 2 modules directly related to Oil/Gas.

3. My apologies, I have being calling the Oil and Gas module by the wrong name. It was actually called Oil and Gas Field Appraisal.

4. I don’t remember anything about combining distance and part-time. I found the university fairly flexible so you’d be better to ask them directly. I did 12 modules and these were spread across several schools (oil/gas school, school of the built environment, business school, electrical engineering school, etc ). Each school seemed to do its own thing and what one school allowed or did, wasn’t done in the others so I can’t help you much with that question. They might be able to offer something with combined part-time/distance.

5. As I said, I did 12 modules and didn’t have to do a project. I think now you have to do a project / thesis. Therefore, I had planned to do 2 modules each semester, 4 modules a year and finish it in 3 years. I turned out that some modules needed more time and I ended up doing the masters over 4 years instead. Finance (an MBA module) and the Oil and Gas appraisal took more effort than expected and I wasn’t able to take a second module with these.
    As for the other modules, I could easily handle 2 per semester without killing myself. I was lucky in that I was able to ‘unofficially’ do any assignments during quiet periods at work which helped me a lot. Most modules (with the exception of Finance and Oil+ Gas) were not too time consuming and I did an hour or so most evenings and increased the study as exams got closer. I found that exams questions were fairly similar to previous exams or assignment questions. Overall the study wasn’t too bad and I still had plenty of a life outside study and work. The best thing is to do a little most evenings from the start and don’t let it all pile up towards the end.

6. I don’t know about getting exemptions for your previous MBA modules in the masters course. I did the Finance module from the MBA course (back in 2011) as one of my 12 modules in energy. Before I started the Finance module, I phoned the Business school and they told me that I could get an exemption for it if I ever decided to go for the MBA. It wasn’t in my plans to do an MBA but a few months ago, I thought about it and phoned again the business school to get more information.
    They told me that I won’t get an exemption for the Finance module (which is actually their module) and wait for this!!! I am not allowed sit the exam again. I asked how can I do the MBA and was told that I can’t as I already have a masters from the same university. It makes no sense at all and I was told completely different information a few years ago. I wasn’t 100% sure I wanted to complete the MBA but this made my mind up for me.
    So, basically check and recheck with the college that the information they tell you is correct.

I hope this helps you in making your decision, just bear in mind that it is a few years since I finished the course so things may have changed a bit and what I say may not be true today. Feel free to ask if you need more details from me.

Hi Midlandsman,

Just want to thank you for all your info so far it has been a great help to me throughout my application process. I have received my unconditional offer and just want to know what way the grades system works such as 1:1, 2:1, 2:2 etc. look forward to hearing from you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gentleman89

Many thanks for you Midlandsman,

I want to ask if any one has information about pursuing PhD after the MSc. Energy (Distance Learning DL), and if the DL degree will find same respect as the on-campus one

Many thanks for you Midlandsman,

I want to ask if any one has information about pursuing PhD after the MSc. Energy (Distance Learning DL), and if the DL degree will find same respect as the on-campus one

I can't see why not as you must meet the same requirements as the students on campus. Have you enrolled in the energy MSc for the coming year

yes, I've applied in this program and got an unconditional offer, my aim is to pursue for PhD, my circumstances is not helping to study in-campus now.

the HWU will grant same qualification as the in-campus, but it will be mentioned in the transcripts as DL.

I googled for answer but unfortunately it still vague, I don't know about the EU universities' rules regarding the DL degrees

• Advertisement

yes, I've applied in this program and got an unconditional offer, my aim is to pursue for PhD, my circumstances is not helping to study in-campus now.

the HWU will grant same qualification as the in-campus, but it will be mentioned in the transcripts as DL.

I googled for answer but unfortunately it still vague, I don't know about the EU universities' rules regarding the DL degrees

Distance learning and part time learning are held much in the same regard. In my experience employers and colleges look favourably on a person's commitment to work and continue their education at the same time as it shows their ability to multitask and arrange their time effectively.... this will be a huge benefit when pursuing a PHD. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking

Really I agree with you Paul_Mc1988, I see many advantages in DL beside my work

I appreciate the UK higher educational system for the part time and distance learning courses, which are uncommon in Germany and many other EU countries.

I am not an EU citizen and I really don't know any person who studied the master via DL , so I'm asking this question. I am so excited to start the MSc. energy in the next month.
    I want to specialize in CFD, unfortunately this module is not available for us -DL-, but it will not be an issue, I can study it alone.

Hi Gentleman89

I too will begin the program this September but I would take it at the HW Dubai Campus.
    I thought a lot about specialization and since I am in petrochemicals and refinery field, CFD seemed useful to me too, However they don't even offer this at Dubai campus.
    May I ask what is your background and field of work that CFD is useful for you and do you how hard is it for an Industrial Engineer and how you plan to do it on your own.

After long-hours on the internet I have found some private organizations who provide technical training including CFD course and others like oil and gas plant design courses, what is your opinion on do it this way and any suggested organization.

Hi bharari,
    It's nice to know that you will attend at Dubai campus, I'm your neighbor, working in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia.
    I have BSc. Energy Engineering from Syria, I have started the master but unfortunately, the situation there became so bad and that forced me to leave.
    I have a good experience in applied CFD in general, and multiphase flow in specific. However I want to deepen my theoretical background in this field.
    I am a product design engineer, my company is producing power supply products for home applications, we don't need the CFD, but analysis (Structural and thermal) is part of my work.

I think CFD is so important as you work in oil and gas, unfortunately it is difficult to find qualified people with strong background in CFD here in gulf, I saw some online courses that supported and accredited by ANSYS, I can send you links for these courses. However I am a little far from oil & gas filed so I don't know any organization that can provide learning material in this subject.

I have a big library contains tens of books related to the theory of CFD and in addition, training courses for CFX & Fluent. Also I have the latest ANSYS 16 _Complete :-)
    I think you can improve your self by independent study, that what I did during my bachelor study, I learnt CFX and Fluent. Only you need strong physical background and a little patient to learn and enjoy.

I have a plan to visit Dubai in the coming October, there is a conference for MSC Marc users in the middle East, my mad boss accepted my trip there, so I can bring my all my CFD collection and meet you.

Hi,

Sounds good, we can meet over a coffee and talk about this major and our fields, let me know when you are in Dubai, I will be there on Wednesdays and Thursdays and Fridays for the next 3 months.
    This is my Email : hbarari AT hotmail.com
    Let me know when you are in Dubai.

See you,
    Hooman.B

Advertisement