Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home alarm that connects to internet, alarm emails?

Options
  • 29-04-2013 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone have come across a house alarm that connects to the internet via a router and can send email alerts rather than SMS like with the diallers or voice calls? Also, that supports an android app would be good.

The only one I have really come across is the Friedland Globalguard. It seems fairly simple to setup and operate, all wireless units.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Siemens systems have a Web server and have Android &, iPhone apps.
    There is no system I know of that can send emails directly. You could use inputs into a dvr to do this.
    The new GSD i70 does have apps that use push notifications direct to your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

KoolKid wrote: »
    The Siemens systems have a Web server and have Android &, iPhone apps.
    There is no system I know of that can send emails directly. You could use inputs into a dvr to do this.
    The new GSD i70 does have apps that use push notifications direct to your phone.

Details of the Globalguard system here:

http://www.friedland.co.uk/en-GB/Security/alarmkits/Globalguard/Pages/default.aspx

Thinking of ordering it and setting it up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It wouldn't be my choice. But if its something DIY you want go for it.

It wouldn't be my choice. But if its something DIY you want go for it.

Out of interest why wouldn't you go for it?

I have a lot of experience with access control but not so much with intruder alarms, I'd be confident enough I could figure most of them out though.

I just wouldn't be happy with that type & brand of system.
    You will get much better value & quality shopping around the suppliers directly.

• Advertisement

I just wouldn't be happy with that type & brand of system.
    You will get much better value & quality shopping around the suppliers directly.

What wouldn't you be happy with? The features?

I see it available in a pack for 185 sterling on ebay. Not much choice if I want a system that supports email alerts directly.

£185 is not far off the kit price that the GSD i70 will be.
    And that would be a far superior system IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

£185 is not far off the kit price that the GSD i70 will be.
    And that would be a far superior system IMO.

Would this work with hkc panel 10/70 ... I have concerns with gsm dialler which I have due to jammers becoming more common. ... Thks

No this is a separate system.

Advertisement